Chapter Four: Magic Bullet

Flashback/ Dream

Flashback/ Dream

I wake up to the smell of smoke. Cora is still laying beside me from when we fell asleep. "Cora wake up." I say shaking her. "What's going on?" She asked when she woke up. "I smell smoke and not the kind when Dere burns food." I say and we get up walking down the stairs. "Mom? Uncle Peter?" Cora asked calling out. We split up and go each side of the house looking for Talia or Peter but I see fire first. "Cora! Fire!" I yell and go running back the way I came and I see Cora doing the same but I get stopped by the ceiling collapsing raining fire down separating us. I feel a pain shoot through my arm causing me to cry out in pain. I look down and my arm is on fire causing me to panic and quickly put it out. "Mia! I can't get to you because of the fire. Find a way to get yourself out." Cora calls and suddenly I'm picked up by someone and I struggle a little bit before the person speaks. "Calm down Little One it's me. It's Peter." Peter said and I quit struggling in his grip. "Peter oh thank god. What happened?" I ask as he makes his way through the house carrying me. "Kate Argent happened." We get to a window that's big enough for me to get out. Peter sits me down and covers his arm with his jacket before elbowing the window out and placing his jacket over the bottom. Peter picks me back up and helps me through the window. "Run and hide little one. Kate is probably still around and I don't want her finding you. I'm going to see who else I can help." Peter said before he turns around and runs back into the house.

End of flashback

I gasp awake and wipe the tears from my eyes and my face when I hear the alphas howl and a gunshot. I quickly get up slinging on a hoodie and going out my window running towards the howl. When I arrive at the warehouse I see Chris Argent and his sister, Kate making me growl. "Get in." Chris said "Not even "hello, nice to see you"?" Kate asked "All I've got at the moment is please put the assault rifle away before someone notices." Chris said "That's the brother I love. Chris, there were two of 'em." Kate said "The Alpha?" Chris asked "I don't know, but one of them tried to kill me-"Kate said but was cut off by Chris. "One of them is gonna lead us to the other. He can't do that if he's dead." Chris said "Well, I can't help kill either of them if one of them kills me first." Kate said "How long will it take?" Chris asked "I'd give him 48 hours. If that." Kate said and I growl not know if she's talking about Derek or the alpha.

-time skip-

I get to class and I sit behind Stiles who sits behind Scott. Stiles leans up and taps Scott. "If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you two, then who did?" Stiles asked "I don't know." Scott said "Did the alpha kill the bus driver?" Stiles asked "I don't know." Scott said "Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?" Scott asked "I don't know!" Scott exclaimed and everyone looks back at us. "Don't you have something better to be doing?" I ask and everyone looks away from us. The teacher is handing out our graded tests and he hands mine to me and it says that I made an A. "Good job, Amelia." The teacher said "Thank you, sir." I say and he hands Scott his and he has a D. "Dude, you need to study more." Scot flips his test over and slams it down. "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up." Stiles said "Do you want help studying?" I ask "No. I'm studying with Allison after school today." Scott said "That's my boy." Stiles said "We're just studying." Scott said "Uh-uh. No, you're not." Stiles said and I laugh a little. "No, I'm not?" Scott asked "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to god I'll have you de-balled." Stiles said "Okay. Just stop with the questions, man." Scott said "Done. No more questions. No lord talk about the alpha or Derek. Especially Derek, who still scares me." Stiles said