Chapter Six: Heart Monitor

Scott and I walk out onto parking deck 3 trying to find the car with arms full of grocery bags

Scott and I walk out onto parking deck 3 trying to find the car with arms full of grocery bags. "Damn it." Scott said when he doesn't see the car because he forgot where we parked. I knew where the car was but I was letting him walk trying to find it because I was still pissed at him because of the whole thing with Noah at the school. We go to level 4 and start walking trying to find the car. When we still couldn't find the car, Scott set the bags down and got the car keys out of his pocket. The car alarm goes off above us. The milk rolls out of a bag and under a car. "Oh, crap." Scott said and he goes after it. The bottle rolls under the car and then rolls back leaking milk. "The hell?" I ask even though I knew Derek was fucking with Scott. Scott looks up and quickly grabs my hand causing me to drop the bags and we run through the parking deck.

We continue running until we reach level 3 and we hide behind separate cars. I lean against the car sitting there waiting on Scott to calm down because he thinks it's the alpha. I look over at Scott and get his attention. "On top of the car's opposite sides." I mouth to him and he nods. I run jumping on the cars and he follows on the opposite side causing the alarms to go off. We make it to level 2 and I run faster then Scott, and I go to one car and Scott goes to another and when Derek finds us, he will go to Scott first. Scott's phone starts ringing and it almost causing me to start laughing because I know exactly who it was. "No. No, stop." Scott said trying to get to his phone. I hear a thud on Scott's car and I smell Derek so I get up from behind the car that I was behind and walk to the car that Scott and Derek are at. Derek grabs Scott and slams him down against the car that Derek was standing on. "You're dead." Derek said

We're walking around the parking garage and Scott speaks up. "What the hell was that?" Scott asked "Said he was gonna teach you. He didn't say when." I say "You knew it was him?" Scott asked "I could smell that it was him. If you used your senses then you would've known, you dumbass." I say "You scared the crap out of me!" Scott said ignoring what I said. "Not yet." Derek said "Okay, but I was fast, right?" Scott asked "Not fast enough." I say "But the car alarm thing that Lia did, that was smart, right?" Scott asked "Till your phone rang." I say "Yeah, but that was... I mean... Would you just stop? Please?" Derek and I stop and turn to look at him. "What happened the other night, Stiles' dad almost getting hurt, that was my fault." I roll my eyes at how loud he was being. "I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this." Scott said "You haven't even given into the wolf part of you yet. How the hell do you expect him to help you control it when you can't even embrace you who are?" I ask "Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. Mia was easy to teach because of the time she spent around my family as a child. I don't even know if I can teach you." Derek said "What do I have to do?" Scott asked "You have to get rid of distractions." I take his phone out of his hand. "You see this?" I show him the missed call from Allison. "This is why Derek caught you. You want Derek and I to teach you? Get rid of her." I say "What, just because of her family?" Scott asked and I smirk a little at the plan forming in my head. Derek looks at me and smirks when he sees the look on my face. I show Scott his phone and turn towards the wall.