Chapter 37

We got out of the car and I inhaled deeply as he paced towards me. He slightly protuded out his elbow making me stupefied.

Is this some high five I don't know about?

I booped my elbow with his nonchalantly and he burst out laughing while I stood befuddled. But hearing him laugh, my lips twitched into a smile.

He took my hand and placed it on his forearm and that was when I realised what he was intending to do from the start.

Why am I like this?

The hallway was empty as we were escorted by an attendent. The place had a very weird aura. Privacy? Even if I murder someone here no one will know.

He lead us to a seperate cabin with a table for two in the centre. A beautiful vase with blooming roses seating proudly in the middle accompanied by mellow music. There was a window that provided exclusive view of the beautiful city of Seoul. I was mesmerized by the setting.

My jaw dropped in awe till I was pulled of daze by his stifled laughter. I looked at him, perplexed.

"What's funny?" I asked.

"Your expression!"

I pouted but eventually gave in, if it makes him laugh then why not?

Before I could take the seat, he moved ahead pulling back the chair for me.

I am not formal. Not at all. But, in this situation I bowed in courtesy.

He sat right in front giving me a wonderful sight to view at. His elbow rested on the table and his face in his palm, he was just looking at me. Just looking.

I wanted to speak but it turned into a giggle instead, "why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you are so beautiful."

My heart thudded and eyes widened, "No! You are so beautiful!"

"No well- oh! That's our song," he exclaimed jubilantly as the music changed to Umbrella by Rihanna.

I laughed innocently, really innocently cause I didn't knew why I was laughing so much, "how is this our song?"

"I mean, this... Uh... We," he paused, embarassed.

I was playing with the fork all along waiting for his completion, and to my clumsiness, I dropped it, a jarring sound echoed in the cabin.

"Oh fuck me!" I cursed, bending down to pick it up. When I looked back up I saw him smirking.

"That wasn't an invitation," I declared.

He smirk widened as he shifted his chair towards me and I backed off a little. What is this sexual tension on the first date?

"I- I mean it. Shift back," I stuttered.

He leaned into my face with a low hum in a very intimidating voice. I felt myself losing gaurd as with the proximity was directly proportional to my red cheeks and inversely to my voice.

He placed his hand beneath my chin, lifting it. My breathing went heavy as he leaned to my ear.

"How about having Chinese?" He said sexily, moving back into his seat.

"Oh for the love of-" I let out an annoyed groan.

"I'll kill you with this very fork, you scared the shit out of me!" I warned.

He gave a full smile and for a second I melted. But then again, I gained my stance.

"Oh will you?" He challenged.

"You doubt?"

He shrugged making me feel utterly competitive as I got up with the fork in my hand as a weapon. He waited for me to move and as I took a step towards him, he pressed on the bell placed on the table. A waiter entered in less than a second witnessing me in a very awkward position.

I quickly composed myself and sat back, contemplating my stupidity.

The waiter handed me the menu with an amused smile lingering on his face.

"What will you take?" Hobi asked.

And I gave him a dont-talk-to-me look to which he giggled.

Is this funny?

We both ordered staek and I was astonished, the price wasn't as high as I expected. I can afford it, I felt at peace on witnessing it.

The waiter took his leave, leaving both of us again.

"Why did you do it?" I annoyingly grunted.

"It was funny," he reasoned.

"Yeah, whatever sails in your Titanic." I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"But, the Titanic sank..."

"Just like your humour when you thought this was funny," I sassily replied.

He laughed again and then I joined, in all we were just laughing without any reason. Looking at each other and laughing. Eating and laughing. Talking and laughing. We were laughing so much that my cheeks started hurting but we still laughed when suddenly his phone rang.

"Excuse me," he bowed once, taking his phone call.

"How can they change it at the last moment?" I saw his expressions change into a very tensed one.

"I am busy!"

"Okk ok I am coming," he ended the call and met my eyes. Conveying countless apologies by the eyes.

"I... I-"

"Do you know any good place here I can visit in three hours?"

"Huh?"

"The next bus is after three hours, I can visit that place. I always wanted to visit Seoul!"

He smiled, "The Gyeongbokgung Palace is very close to here."

"Oh cool!"

"So the bus is at six?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'll come to see you off," he said.

"You don't have to."

"But I want to," he slightly pouted.

"Okay if you say so," I smiled.