Chapter Twenty-nine

I flick the spinner with my pointer finger, it spins around and comes to a stop on left foot on blue.

If you can't tell already we're playing twister, right now Xavier and Cage are a twisted mess on the mat though both of them refuse to fall. Bets have been placed by everyone on who they think will win, instead of betting with money, we're betting with cookies. I got three snickerdoodles on Cage, have to support my boyfriend and the father of my children of course. Let's face it though he's going to lose that knee of his is getting awfully close to the mat.

Those two are more woven together than a basket, which means the unraveling is going to be epic.

"Left foot blue."

Knox, Kohl, and Sam are standing next to me excitedly waiting to see who will fall next. Kohl won his round against Sam and Knox won his against Kohl but was beaten by Sam. Noah beat Rett, who apparently can be pretty clumsy from time to time though you never would have guessed by looking at him.

Rett with his brown hair and brown eyes that have a thin line of blue going through them, which is really cool, is two hundred pounds of pure muscle.

It's hard to believe he could fall over, but he proved it.

Cage throws his leg over Xavier's waist to reach the blue circle, in order for Xavier to reach blue with his left foot he has to bend it at an awkward angle. He's holding his back up off the mat and the leg is in a v shape just to reach blue. His arms start to wobble, making me think Cage might actually win this round.

"Just fall already!" Quinn shouts at them growing tired of seeing who will win.

As if on cue Xavier's arms give out and he falls to the mat, Cage falls right on top of him making him grunt from him landing right on his stomach.

"Yes!" Kohl says he must have won the bet too.

Cage and Xavier unravel themselves and stand up, they pull each other into that half-hug guys do and Pat each other on the back.

"Okay, Mom's and Quinn's turn now!" Knox takes the spinner out of my hand and then shoves me to the mat.

I straighten the mat out for the new game and Quinn comes and joins me in the mat. I look over at Quinn, and find her mock glaring at me, she points at me then points down, signing that I'm going down. Simply shrug my shoulders, making her think I'm unaffected by her, but she's probably right about me going down.

"I bet two chocolate chip cookies on you Mom," Kohl gives me a thumbs up.

"Thank you buddy glad one of my boys believes I can win," I shoot a pointed look to Cage who just placed his cookie bet on Quinn.

He looks sheepishly at me then picks up his cookie bet and places it on me.

"Okay all bets have been placed let's start the game," Knox spins the spinner and waits for it to land in a color. "Left-hand red."

I easily place my left hand on red, from the angle I'm standing I don't have to twist to reach it, unlike Quinn who has to twist at the waist to reach it.

"Right-hand green."

Oh gosh.

I scoot over to the middle of the end up the twister mat and then reach over to place my hand on gree. I have to crouch down in order to keep my hand on red and green. Quinn has to do the same and spins around so her back is facing me so she can reach green easier.

"Left foot green," Knox is looking at me like he knows I could fall at any second because of that one.

I slowly drag my left foot across the mat to green, making sure that any move I make isn't going to topple me. I look at Quinn and she has her foot behind her reaching green, looking like she could tumble forward any second.