Chapter 66 : Making new plans.

Third person point of view

The next morning, Joshua woke up to his alarm. He turn to the side and shut the alarm off. He opened his eyes slowly and looked around thinking it looked brighter. He checked the time and it was not his work out time but his usual time from before. He frowned and sat up on the bed. He did remember putting it for work out time. 

He shook his head and got out of bed. He needs to start getting ready for work so as to not be late, so he quickly finished everything and went to the kitchen. He saw Elijah cooking busily. He back hugged him and Elijah smiled. " Good morning ". Joshua said with his hands still around Elijah. He moved a little to the side to see what Elijah was cooking. " Morning ". 

Elijah replied glancing at Joshua. " By the way, did you change the alarm ? " Joshua asked now standing beside Elijah. Elijah nodded. Joshua's eyebrows shot up. " Why ? " " It will be too much to make you work out. So I decided to give you a break. But only today and tomorrow, I will take you back from the day after ". 

Elijah explained and Joshua nodded with an ' oh '. " Alright ". He went and sat down on the chair. " You want to go to office for real ? " Elijah asked putting the pan away. " Yeah. Why ? " Joshua asked wondering if Elijah was really worrying so much. " I mean- " Joshua cut him off. " It is really fine. I am not that weak. If I really don't feel well, I will just come home ". 

Joshua said in one go. Elijah thought for a second and nodded. He put the plate in front of Joshua. Joshua finished his breakfast and left for office after blowing a kiss to Elijah. He went to meet Brian first since he asked for a leave. " Hey. How are you now ? " Brian asked as soon as he saw Joshua. " Thanks for the leave. I am fine sir ". 

" Take care ". " Yes sir ". Joshua smiled and went to his seat. He even told his teammates that he was fine, as they kept asking him about why he took a leave. He had quite some work due to the leave. He was able to put up with it though. After a while, he got up to get some coffee. He walked to the small area where he can get it on their floor. 

He saw Olivia there. " Hey. You are really good now ? " Joshua laughed and nodded. " Yep. I really am. Thanks for asking ".  Olivia nodded. Joshua was making himself a coffee. Olivia put her cup aside and took out her phone. She chuckled and put it away again. " How can people be like this ? " Joshua was curious. 

" What is it ? " " A school friend of mine had a break up. She had her own suspicions for a while. So she actually tailed her boyfriend and found out he was cheating on her with some woman. She is over him though, after a few drinks ". They both laughed. Joshua was done preparing his coffee. " Is it that easy ? " Joshua said with a smile. 

Olivia shrugged. Joshua shook his head with a smile. " I will get back to work ". Olivia nodded and he went back to his seat. Joshua sat and took a sip of the coffee. He looked at the cup liking the taste and put it away. His fingers stopped for a second and a bulb glowed above his head. " It will be useful ". He mumbled and got back to work.

When he went back home, he saw Elijah sitting on the couch with an over sized hoodie again. Joshua snorted at the sight. He went and sat beside him after putting his bag away. " What is it today ? " He asked with a smile. Elijah hugged him, burying his face in Joshua's chest. " I missed you ". Joshua laughed. " You really, really are a spoiled prince ". 

Joshua also put his hands around Elijah. Elijah looked up resting his chin on Joshua's chest. " So you won't pamper me ? " Joshua chuckled. He held Elijah's face and kissed him. " Of course I will. Why wouldn't I ? " Elijah smiled. " Also I got an idea today about trying to find more from Alex ". Elijah sat up properly seeing Joshua's bright eyes. " What is it ? " 

Joshua turned to look at Elijah. " We cannot follow them to all places so how about we ask Nicholas to help us tail them ? We can ask to put a spy on each one of them and we might be able to get information. Noah isn't really useful to that extent and I don't really meet him much. We might waste our time if we just keep waiting. So we might get more if we follow them. What do you say ? " 

Elijah nodded thinking about it. " Sure. We can do that. I will speak to Nicholas about it and let you know what he says ". Joshua nodded. " I wonder if I can find something more from Noah. When I was at the party I couldn't get much from him. He was too busy getting wasted. How can he be of any help ? " 

Elijah sat there waiting for Joshua to finish. " Files ! " Joshua said with wide eyes. " He should have files regarding the projects or whatever Alex does ". Joshua said as he found the solution. " Why will he give the files though ? " Elijah asked looking at Joshua. Joshua gave a look like Elijah grew a second head. 

" What ? " Elijah asked not knowing the reason behind Joshua's gaze. " We will get them. Why will he give it ? " Joshua snapped. Elijah nodded looking muddle headed. " Oh ". Joshua narrowed his eyes. " What is it ? " Elijah asked looking innocent. " Nothing ". Joshua shook his head looking ahead.

He sighed thinking his concern now isn't this. He took a deep breath. Joshua fell into thought again. Elijah continued to look at Joshua. Joshua started speaking again. " I need to get access to Alex's cabin. I should know where the files will be put first ". Joshua sat for a while trying to think and shook it. " Fine, fine. I will see what to do about it later ". His brain was overworking.

                                                                -MG                                          

Author notice :

Elijah is acting so cringe. 😂🤣 It is cute though. But if my partner does that I will literally gag. I mean it. 😂 My BR is also the same. 😂

Elijah : But you said it is cute ?

Author : Yes.

Elijah : Please make sense at least once.

Author : Practice what you preach.

Elijah : ( rolls eyes ) 

BR : ( sipping drink on the side enjoying the drama )

Elijah : ( turns to BR ) You won't say anything ?

BR : You didn't get roasted enough ?

Elijah : ( smiles ) I think I didn't roast enough.

( thunder sounds ) 

Author : There they go again.

😂😂 That was a nice one. A point for Elijah there. BR got a lot of them till now, so I let him have it this time. 😂