Chapter 83 : Visiting in laws, ft. Joshua.

Third person point of view

The next day Joshua had to shift all the things from his previous table to the one in the top floor allotted for the personal secretary. He arranged his table as fast as he can. He felt bad saying bye to his teammates, but they all encouraged him saying it was fine and that they could always meet since they are in the same building.

Once he was done with it, he got to work and arranged all the files for the meeting. He then went to the meeting room with Elijah. It felt different to sit in a place he never thought he would. He also had to be more attentive all through the meeting. He took minutes for the meeting and submitted it to Elijah.

The work load was no joke. He had a lot more to do than he imagined. He also had to be very careful with every single thing he did unlike before. He had to make sure to put up with all kinds of updates around all the branches too. Their daily lives got busier than they were before. Joshua even worked at home from time to time.

They both sat down on the couch after dinner. " My parents asked me to come visit once. Will you come with me ? " Joshua didn't know what to say. " You want me to ? " Elijah nodded. " Sure ". " We will leave in two more days then ". Joshua nodded. He wondered if it will go well. He hoped it would.

They went in Elijah's private plane. There were people waiting to pick them up at the airport as soon as they got down. They walked out of the airport and both got in the car. The driver started the car. They reached the house and Joshua took a deep breath. " You need not be nervous. It will be fine ". Elijah said assuring Joshua. Joshua nodded.

They walked in and Joshua saw a couple sitting in the living room. They got up when they saw them. " Hello there ". The lady said smiling at both of them. Elijah hugged both of them. They then turned to Joshua. " Hello Joshua. Nice to meet you ". Elijah's dad extended his hand and Joshua took it with a smile.

" Hello... un-.. sir ? " All three laughed. " You can call us dad and mom or uncle and aunt. However you want ". Elijah's mom said with a smile. " Thank you mom ". She smiled wider. " You can take him around for today and go to work from tomorrow. Take rest ". His dad said and Elijah nodded.

" We have some things to do. We will be leaving ". They both nodded and bid them goodbye. " Your house is really nice ". Joshua said as they walked towards Elijah's room. " What do you mean 'your house' ? " Joshua smiled. " Hehe ". He entered the room and it was in shades of blue; from dark to light.

" It is nice ". Elijah smiled. Joshua fell on the bed and curled up. " Take a shower first. You will feel better ". Elijah said sitting on the bed. Joshua got up and finished his shower. He put on comfortable clothes. He then went to the bed and covered himself with the sheets. He couldn't sleep properly so wanted to catch up on it.

So he fell asleep and woke up late into the afternoon. He had lunch with Elijah and Elijah took him around the house and spent some time in the pool and garden. Elijah's parents came back in the evening again. Elijah went to talk to his dad about the company in his office while Joshua sat with mom in the living room.

" How do you feel now ? You don't feel sick or anything right ? Jet lag can be bad sometimes ". Joshua smiled. " I am fine. Just a bit of a headache was there but now I am totally fine ". She smiled. " You look much better in person though ". She said looking at Joshua. " You already knew about me ? "

She nodded. " Elijah told us about you. I guess around the time when he came there ". Joshua was shocked. " Really ? " She nodded. " He never hides anything from us. We did't even need to plant a spy on him. He always tells us everything on our face if there is something ". Joshua laughed. " It is so like him ".

She laughed. " I know right. Tsk ". They just chatted about various things. The other two came back to see them getting along very well and laughing happily. " What is so funny ? " Elijah asked sitting beside Joshua. Joshua smiled looking at him. " You and your antics ". Elijah raised an eyebrow. " I don't have a nice feeling about where this is going ". All of them laughed.

The next few days Elijah took Joshua to the office. He showed him all around and also about how the work goes around there. Joshua learnt a lot of things in the time he spent in the office there. They also had a day off to go on a date. Elijah took him around showing all the nice places nearby and had a wonderful time.

Joshua felt that his time there was very fruitful. He learnt a lot of things and also got to spend a lot of time with Elijah and his parents too. They were really nice to Joshua. Considering how they already knew about him, they didn't show any kind of repulsion and instead showed that they liked him.

They were all having dinner together. " So when will you get married ? " Mom asked. Joshua almost spit the water he was drinking. Elijah looked up from the food. They both glanced at each other and none of them said anything. " Looks like you didn't decide yet. It is fine. You can take your time ". Elijah's mom said and they changed the topic after that.

They went back to their room after dinner. Joshua sat on the bed thinking about what mom asked. He never really thought much into it. From the time he met Elijah till now, it never really occurred to him. The way their life went was so much more different, so he never got the chance to think of something like this.

Now that the topic came up, he didn't know if he wanted to do it yet. He stared outside the window. Elijah sat down beside him and saw Joshua lost in thought. He hugged him from the side. " What are you thinking ? " Joshua turned to him. " Nothing much. The sky looks really beautiful ". Elijah nodded.

It was soon time for them to go back. Joshua gave the both of them a hug and waved at them. " If he plans on coming to see us, you should also come. And even if he doesn't, you can just come. You are more fun anyway ". Joshua laughed and Elijah shook his head. " Sure ". They both walked in to get on the flight and went back.

-MG

Author notice :

Moms are meant to be savages. 😂

There is one more week and we will be done with this. Damn. Doesn't feel real to me. 😂 My BR is feeling it. You know kind of sad but both of us have work to do with the new book. 😂 So we don't have much time to even grieve over it. 😂

We both are also speaking a lot about being roommates these days. It is one of our life goals to live like that at least once even if it just for a month. We really want to make it happen. Fingers crossed. All of you also pray for us. 😂