Chapter 81 : The explanation.

Third person point of view

Elijah just waited for Joshua to speak up. He didn't know why but he did feel a little scared, nervous, anxious and everything as he waited for Joshua to speak. " Why didn't you tell me ? " Elijah didn't miss the way Joshua's voice cracked. He was almost happy Joshua finally spoke up. He sat down on the floor on his knees.

He tried looking at Joshua's face and bent a little. When he did, he could see the tears that were coming out of Joshua's eyes. He cupped Joshua's face lifting it up and wiped the tears with his thumbs. " Aww, baby don't cry ". Joshua looked up trying to glare. " Don't ' baby ' me, you bastard ! " Elijah chuckled.

" What do you want to do ? Scold me ? Hit me ? Kick me ? Or punch me ? Do whatever you want ". Joshua shook his head. Elijah sat down beside him and hugged Joshua. Joshua let out small sobs and finally calmed down. Elijah moved away and wiped his cheeks. " Why are you crying ? " " I don't know ". Joshua pouted looking down.

" Alright. Don't cry now ". Joshua nodded sniffling. " There are a few more things I want to tell you ". Joshua looked up. " What is it ? " Elijah took a deep breath. " You always told me you don't know who I am and now I will answer anything you want me to. I am the next heir of Simon enterprises. I am the current CEO and I have to look after all of it from now on ".

Joshua looked at Elijah with large eyes. " But all of this..... " Elijah nodded. " As you already saw, I grew up where your own family is ready to see you fail and take over. I grew up being trained to be who I am today. Like an assassin maybe, but the type who can kill you by himself or make you kill yourself without getting blood on their hands ".

Joshua just stared letting Elijah speak. " I had competition- " " Nicholas. But he isn't your competitor ". Elijah chuckled. " True. He also trained along with me. Even if he never was and never will be, both of our grandpas being friends, my grandpa warned me he would give it all to him if I wasn't worth it. I know it would never happen and even Nicholas wouldn't take it. But I pushed myself to be what I am today and to achieve what I have today. I earned it all by myself ".

He looked up to meet Joshua's eyes. " I grew up being taught that I will one day become what I am now. And I had no choice but to be it. I wouldn't say I dislike it. I am proud of myself for becoming the best. There is no real me you asked for Joshua. The CEO Elijah Simon and the homebody boyfriend Elijah are the same and both of them are me.

You didn't see me but I came to the office once before. I saw you at the office when you came for the interview. I liked you since then. You had this long hair even then. That is why I always said I like it. I wanted to come meet you and get to know you but I had to leave that day. I always thought of you when I was away.

I almost lost hope but I forgot that I was the one who is taking over. I worked extra hard and made sure I get it. I was finally asked to take over and I knew it was my time. When I was about to take over, I sent Nicholas here for a background check. I wanted to come look for you. But I guess I was lucky, you were actually working here.

I then found out about my uncles. So I had two things to settle. One; I had to be careful to get things done and not alert them. Two; it's you. To be my secretary you have to be qualified enough. And besides that, I like you. But I didn't know what you would react like to it. So putting two and two together, this is what it resulted in.

I approached you in a different way. And you know all that that has happened. First I never expected you to like me back. But then you did. Also I might sound selfish but I didn't want to regret anything after I bring you to my side. Even though I will always be there with you and to save you, I didn't want to risk it nor throw you in danger.

Fate is not in my hands Joshua, so I need you to be prepared enough; at least a little. So I did all that I should. Like you always said it isn't all that safe with me. So I had no choice but to do all that I did. This is what and how my world is Joshua. And I wanted to show it to you ".

Joshua felt tears spilling out his eyes. He hugged Elijah. " I don't even know if I am worth your love ". Elijah hugged him tighter. " You are. You totally are. Never even think of that ". Joshua sniffled and pulled away rubbing his eyes. He took deep breaths through his mouth trying to calm down.

" I don't know what you will say after I show you the true side of me. Now that you see it. You can make your choice ". Elijah said and gulped fearing Joshua's answer. " Look up ". Joshua said and Elijah looked up. " I love you. That will not change no matter who you are ". Elijah smiled and kissed Joshua.

Joshua closed his eyes and felt Elijah smiling into the kiss. Elijah looked so happy looking at Joshua. Joshua stood up and went to the kitchen to drink water. Elijah sat on the couch. Joshua brought a bottle with him and sat on the couch. " I didn't cry even when I had break ups. You made me cry when I actually love you ". He sniffled.

Elijah laughed. " I am sorry~~ " Joshua shook his head and drank some water. He took a deep breath. " So ? Will you go to live in your mansion ? " Elijah rolled his eyes. " I will not. I told you already. You cannot get rid of me just like that ". He moved closer. " You... are my home and this is my home ".

Joshua smiled. He couldn't but think how they fooled him so well. " You guys are such good actors ". Elijah laughed. " I had to be able to fool you. All through this time I really wondered about why I never found you. You would be a perfect fit for the group of brains under me ". Joshua chuckled. " Nicholas is dead when I find him ". Elijah laughed.

Joshua gulped down some more water. " But I still wish you were a mafia leader or something rather than a CEO ". Elijah scoffed. " Are you seriously kidding me right now ? " Joshua shrugged. " I do have a network similar to that but I am not one ". " Too bad ". Elijah pinched Joshua's cheek. " Ouch. Don't do that~~ " Elijah pulled away. Joshua glared at him.

" Tomorrow I will take you and show you a few things and you can get your revenge on Nicholas too. Also he was the one who tracked you down for me ". " I will kill him if I find him ". Elijah cracked up. Joshua smiled lightly. Elijah pulled Joshua closer. " Thank you ". " For ? " " I thought you will throw me out after what happened ".

Joshua chuckled. " There is a possibility for that ". Elijah looked hurt. Joshua laughed. " I am just kidding ". They took a shower and now Joshua is used to sleeping in Elijah's room. Elijah kissed Joshua's forehead. " Good night ". " Good night hubby ". Joshua kissed Elijah on the neck and snuggled up to fall asleep. Elijah smiled and closed his eyes.

                                                              -MG

Author notice :

Uff~~ That was a lot to handle. 😂 Anyway I am happy for them.

BR : I guess I need not look for a room then.

Elijah : ( glares )

Author : You know you should actually be thankful.

Elijah : Thank you.

BR : You didn't mean a single syllable !

Elijah  : Want me to cry and be on my knees and show my gratitude ?

BR : That would be quite a sight to behold.

Elijah : But I really am grateful.

Author : ( smiles ) No mention.

BR : God knows why you even have a soft spot for him. ( rolls eyes )

Elijah : You are worried about something ? ( smirk )

BR : ( glares )

Author : Why am I still here ?!

 😂😂😂 I don't think they would ever make up.