Chapter 44| Anger, Truths, and Promises

Chapter forty-four: Anger, Truth, and Promises

O L I V I A

It was a miracle that I didn't crash into someone else as I drove to Kai's. Multiple times my vision blurred so much that I couldn't see the road ahead of me. The tears were relentless. I probably should've taken a cab. I slid into the parking space in the basement of his building after the guard gave me a welcoming smile and let me in. I lay my forehead against the steering wheel for a moment and attempted to calm myself down.

Fail. Epic fail.

I gave up, pulling the keys out of the ignition. Seeing Kai's car already there, I climbed out of mine and locked it, making my way into the waiting elevator.

The doors opened and I stepped out on his floor. I rang the bell and waited. When he didn't open it, I rang the bell again. I wanted to ring his phone to get him to let me in but I had left mine at my place in a hurry.

A lightbulb went off in my head.

I pulled out my keys from my pocket and selected the ornate one. I unlocked the door and let myself in.

"Kaison!" I shouted. I might've broken in, but I couldn't bring myself to barge anywhere else. I felt afraid. My gut was twisting rebelliously and my pulse was definitely off the charts.

He came out of his room, his eyes wide with surprise and his eyebrows melding with his hairline.

"Who th- Livvy?"

I picked up the throw pillow from the sofa and launched it at him impulsively. It hit him in his face and he gaped in surprise. Not satisfied, I grabbed another one, and then another.

"Livvy," he protested.

He walked to me when he got over the shock. I didn't stop my assault, finding new things to hit him with. He didn't attack back. He just defended himself. When he was close enough, he grabbed my wrists to stop me. I trashed in his hold, my throat closing up.

"Let me go!" I choked out. Seeing my distress, he let go. I started hitting him with my hands but he didn't stop me. He just looked down at me with moist eyes. "How could you?!"

Understanding dawned on his face. "You know?"

"You idiot! Who gave you the fucking right?" I shouted, tackling him into a hug, unable to help myself. A sob escaped me as his arms wrapped around me and squeezed me tightly. "I hate you!"

"I'm sorry," he whispered into my hair. "I'm so, so sorry."

"Why the fuck wouldn't you tell me?" I cried. "I would've understood, Kai. I would've stayed. Why-" I choked again.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry," he murmured.

"Shut the fuck up!" I pulled back. "You are an idiot."

His lips twitched. I wanted to slap the smile off his face. "I am," he agreed.

"You are a moron." My voice cracked.

"Yes," he consented.

"And I hate you."

"I love you, too." He kissed my nose. I closed my eyes to prolong the moment.

"You didn't kiss her, did you?" I asked him even though at this point I knew for sure.

"No," he replied.

"And you didn't mean to cheat at that party," I asked. "You were drunk and gullible."

"Yes," he confirmed.

"Oh, Kai." I shook my head. "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

He gave me a sad look. "I wanted you to trust me."