CHAPTER 4

"Nigar, tell us about the sultan's family, We've been here for months and we still don't know anything about his family."
"Come and sit here, I will tell you briefly, the sultan's mother and also ruler of the harem is Valide sultan Hurrem, Sultan Bayazid also has a sister Mihrimah Sultan, she is married to Rustem pasha. Those two have two children and they lives in they  palace, given to them by the late Sultan Suleiman as a wedding present,  but they will stay in the palace until sultan Bayazid and Rustem pasha return from the campaign. Sultan has one wife and that is Defne Sultan, she is the mother of Sultan Sah and Sultan Beyhan . Besides her, the ruler has many favorites."
"But isn't that fair to the Defne Sultan?" I asked confusedly
"It is a tradition, Sultan must have more wives to provide for himself an heir" I was horrified when I heard this but I just kept quiet.

"Nigar Kalfa, is it true that Defne Sultan is very jealous and that everyone is afraid of her?"Isabel asked.
Nigar sighed" Do you see that girl over there who just left the harem? "
We looked in the direction of that girl "Yes "
" It's Melek hatun,Defne sultan burned her face when she realized she was at the sultan's  and blamed another favorite for doing it, what do you think then? "
We were shocked by this knowledge.  We all looked at each other in wonder. 

Can anyone really do that to another person? 
"Come on girls I have a lot of work to do, I have to go" I saw that Nigar hatun and is not something happy while talking about Defne Sultan.  "Girls I wouldn't mind Defne sultan, we've seen what all she can do."
Esma addressed us. 
"Certainly as soon as sultan finds out she will be punished for this. " Sara said for sure what she thought
"Don't be naive, this is definitely not the first time she has done this, I heard in the harem that she will not be punished for this because Valide Sultan hid everything from sultan. She has the support of Valide Sultan."  Esma added.
"Well, we won't talk about this again. If anyone hears us, we'll be in trouble, let's go back to work."  I couldn’t hear more about this so I told them to get back to work.

Did you hear today that sultan is returning from war and it is rumored that Valide Sultan will organize a party for him, which means that she will choose some of us "
the girls are happily, they wanted to be  chosen, Elena just rolled her eyes at this.
"Why you are not happy, some of us will dance tomorrow  for  sultan, maybe it will be you. "
" I hope not, all these girls are eager for power and glory and there is no love, this is not what I dreamed of. " I just sighed,
Catherine looked at me with understanding. "I agree with you"

3hrd person's pov
Sultan's family stood in Valide's chambers awaiting the arrival of the Bayezid from a successful campaign.  "Destur Sultan Bayazid Han hanazletler" all bowed except the Hurrem sultan.  Bayazid approached and kissed her hand
"Valide How are you?" 
"Bayazid my lion, I'm fine when the dream saw you healthy" then he came to Mihrimah and hugged her "Mihrimah my beautiful sister I missed you" "Bayazid my brother I'm glad to see you." "Is it okay if I back off to see Rustem My children and I missed him."
"Of course, my beautiful sister." He replied with a smile.
Mihrimah bowed and left the chamber with her children.
He reached out to Defna who kissed his hand, Bayazid just smiled at her and went to his daughters. 
"Daddy" both ran to their father and threw themselves into his arms.  "My most beautiful sultan, I miss you a lot" "We missed you too, Dad, we prayed every day that you would return it sooner."  he hugged them once more and after that he went to his chambers.

"  he hugged them once more and after that he went to his chambers