Chapter 3

The two didn't get to talk more as customers soon started to pile into the cafe to get their morning cup of coffee.

Leaving Tim to finish his own cup she went to the counter and served people as soon as they came they left rushing to get to work on time.

Tim just watched her, even so early in the morning she was happy and had a smile on her face, she served her coffee offering baked goods that were still warm.

The happiness that radiated off of her went to her customers as well. No wonder this place was as popular as it was.

After nearly 30 minutes of customers where when one leaves another two come in, Marinette was used to such a rush after helping out at the bakery for so long.

Every once in a while she would feel eyes on her when she would turn to look she would see Tim staring but he would look away as soon as their eyes met.

Marinette didn't think much of it, serving up the last few customers of the morning rush she grabbed herself a cup of coffee from the batch she had brewed a not long ago.

And walked over towards Tim and took a seat next to him at the counter near the window, she looked out to see the grey gloomy clouds of Gotham.

The streets had always been like, you could never see the sun let alone the stars, but with her being Lady Noir, she had found a nice abandoned building you could see the stars from.

It was a place she would go to during the nights just to see the stars, it calmed her just looking up at the twinkling lights of the sky.

Turning to face Time she saw him looking at her intently, "is something wrong?" she asked unsurely.

"Nothing, I just called you like 10 times, I think you might have zoned out or something. Thinking about anything important?" he asked.

"I just used to be able to see the stars, back home I had a balcony and I would go up some nights before bed just to have a look." she said simply.

Marinette made sure not to share anything personal with him or anyone the most anyone knew was her name and that she owned the shop and it had been around for a month, along with she isn't from here.

"I know the feeling, before Bruce adopted me, as a kid my parents were always away on business trips. According to them, the only reason they had me was so someone could take over the company when they were too old" he said sadly, looking down at his coffee.

"So, I was always alone as a child except for when I had lessons. I loved going to my balcony some nights just to see the stars. It was like an escape from the real world. I loved reading about constellations and trying to find them." he said, giving her a small smile.

Marinette was shocked, Tim Drake the CEO of WE had just opened up to her about something personal she didn't do and making a friend would happen on the same day.

Before now she had always thought he was a child genius who was always working, along with being a CEO at a very big company and a fellow insomniac like her that lives off of coffee just like her.

But now she was seeing him in a new light.