bonus: surprise!

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

It happened on a hike.

To celebrate their eight year anniversary, Dylan and Olivia traveled back to one of their favorite places: Michigan. Most people who heard of their secret getaways to the Great Lake state always tilted their heads, knowing the actors could go anywhere in the world with the careers they had. Why would they stay in the states?

The truth was Dylan and Olivia adored Michigan, and more specifically, they adored having a week just the two of them at a lake house without any crazy schedules or paparazzi and interviewers questioning them about the newly announced Teen Wolf film. Soon, they would have to fly to Atlanta and begin filming so they wanted one last week between their projects to truly relax and be with each other.

On day three, the couple hiked along a nature preserve trail — one they knew by heart by now — with their hands intertwined. Most of the time, the only sound they could hear was the birds chirping, the light breeze blowing through the trees, and the crunch of gravel under their feet. Occasionally, one of them would exchange a story to make the other giggle, but at this point in their relationship, they didn't need to fill the space. They were comfortable with each other; that's all that mattered.

"I feel like every time we get to this section, you somehow magically end up behind me," Olivia teased her boyfriend, glancing at him over her shoulder as they climbed up a particularly steep section of rocks acting as stairs.

"What a coincidence," Dylan smiled, but she saw the mischievous twinkle in his whiskey eyes. "You know, it's just to keep you safe. Can't have you falling — I gotta be prepared to catch you."

Olivia chuckled, causing Dylan's smile to brighten more, but didn't say anything. A certain little box tucked into the waistband of her athletic capris kept her focused on reaching the top of the large hill, where the view opened up to see the sparkling blue lake with tall green trees springing up all around. The couple held a tradition of always propping one of their phones on a rock and doing auto-timed photos.

This time, Olivia was even more excited to take the photos. She had it all planned out, starting with them waking up even earlier to catch the sunrise. Also, instead of putting a timer, she'd merely record a video and pretend to pose with him, but then get down on one knee and propose to Dylan. Only two people knew of her plan; her mom and Tyler Posey. Her best friend had been the one to help her pick out the silver band with a mountain summit lightly carved into it. It was simple yet absolutely perfect.

Tyler had also been the one who completely freaked out when Olivia let him in on her scheme. She distinctly remembered him almost passing out, leading her to run and get him a cool cloth to place on his forehead. Once he was able to stand, he wrapping her in a huge hug and refused to let go. He couldn't stop blabbing about how he knew her and Dylan were going to be together forever years ago, and how proud of her he was for always making the first move. She was the one who kissed him first, after all.

Still, a nervous Olivia asked him if he thought Dylan would say yes. The couple had talked about marriage before, but always saw it as a future thing. Both had agreed they didn't need a huge ceremony or an official document to prove they cared for each other. They had each other's hearts and that was enough.

She felt much better when she heard Tyler scoff and reply, "Olivia, are you kidding? That boy has been wanting to marry you longer than you've been together."