CHAPTER ONE; wolf moon

| y/n's pov |

I FLICKED THROUGH the pages of the book I was reading, my room's only source of light being that coming from my lamp.

There was a low rumble from outside, the unmistakable sound of a car pulling up near my house. Putting down my book, I peered out the window to see a familiar blue jeep parking outside my best friend Scott's house next door.

Then I saw Stiles climb out of the car and immediately look up at my window. He had a massive grin on his face and when he saw me he gestured at me to go down there.

It was relatively late, but my parents and little brother were asleep and I was still dressed so I quickly tied on my sneakers and crept out my bedroom.

As I walked down the upstairs hallway, I heard faint snores coming from the bedroom right beside mine. I poked my head in through the cracked open door to see my four year old brother. His nightlight glowing blue and his blanket kicked onto the floor as usual. I carefully walked in, making sure I didn't wake him up, and picked up the blanket to put it back over my brother.

After that I headed downstairs and locked the front door behind me before I made my way across my yard and over to Scott's.

As I got to the porch, Scott was standing there holding a baseball bat and screaming at Stiles, who was hanging from the roof and doing the same thing.

"Hey." I spoke and both the boys started screaming again.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing!?" Scott yelled.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles looked at what was in Scott's hands. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator!"

"A pre--" Stiles did a little cough-laugh thing. "Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police."

"For what?" I asked and Stiles's grin grew.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods."

Stiles then jumped down from the roof and onto the grass.

"A dead body?" Scott questioned.

"No, a body of water." Stiles replied sarcastically. "Yes, dumbass, a dead body."

"You mean, like, murdered?" Asked Scott as Stiles climbed over the porch railing to stand with us.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s."

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" I asked.

"That's the best part. They only found half."

"What!?"

Stiles nodded. "We're going."

---

"WE'RE SERIOUSLY DOING this?" Scott asked as the three of us got out of the car.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles reasoned as he turned on the flashlight.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

"I don't think sitting on the bench requires much practice, Scott." I spoke.