CHAPTER THREE; pack mentality

| y/n's pov |

"SO, YOU KILLED her?" I asked as Scott, Stiles and I walked into school.

"I don't know. I just woke up." Scott said, his hands gripping his backpack straps. "And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently." Stiles spoke casually.

"Gross, dude."

"A, I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

"Noted. Let me take a guess here though."

"No, I know. You think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. Like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not." Scott looked at Stiles. "Yeah, that's totally it."

"Hey, come on. It's gonna be fine, all right?" I put a hand on Scott's shoulder as he looked down. "Personally, I think you're handling this pretty amazingly."

"Yeah, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take." Stiles chimed in.

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher."

"Who, Derek?" Stiles whacked Scott on the back of the head. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?"

"Like it actually happened."

We walked out another door to find one of the school buses with a torn off door and covered with blood splatters. There were a handful of cops around taking pictures and notes.

"I think it did."

Scott then immediately turned around and ran back inside the school while pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"She's probably fine." Stiles said as we followed after him.

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles."

"It could just be a coincidence, all right? A seriously amazing coincidence."

"Just help me find her, okay?"

The further we walked without seeing Allison, I started to feel sick to my stomach.

"Do you see her?" Scott asked, twisting his head to look behind us.

"No."

Scott started walking ahead of us and around a corner and I took a deep breath, really hoping that Scott didn't kill Allison. I peered my head around the corner and Scott was nowhere to be seen. I turned back to Stiles.

"He's gone. I can't see him." I said.

"I'm sure he'll find her."

"Attention students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled. Thank you."

Stiles groaned. "Chemistry."

---

"MAYBE IT WAS my blood on the door." Scott whispered, turning around to face Stiles and I.

"Could have been animal blood." Stiles suggested.

"Yeah, maybe you caught a rabbit or something." I pointed out while copying down the notes off the chalkboard.