CHAPTER EIGHT; lunatic

| third person pov |

"WHERE ARE WE going?" Scott asked, following behind Stiles.

"You'll see." Was all his friend said.

"Cause we really shouldn't be out here." Scott continued. "My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school."

"Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me."

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

"Yes. When your best friend gets dumped..."

"I didn't get dumped." Scott said defensively, cutting off Stiles. "We're taking a break.

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break..." Stiles lifted the bottle in his hand. "You get your best friend drunk."

---

STILES PUT THE bottle on the ground between himself and Scott, and sighed as he lay back down.

"Dude. you know she's just one... One girl." His speech slurred as he spoke to Scott. "You know, there are so many... There are so many other girls in the sea."

"Fish in the sea." Scott corrected him, not drunk at all.

"Fish? Why're you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls." Stiles exhaled happily. "I love girls. I love them. I love... Especially ones with... with H/C hair, E/C eyes, really pretty..."

"Like Y/N."

"Yeah, exactly." Stiles grinned and looked up at his friend. "Hey, how did you know I was talking about... About... What was I talking about?" He hit Scott's leg and lifted the bottle. "Hey, you're not happy. Take a drink."

"I don't want any more."

Stiles put the bottle back down. "You're not drunk?"

"I'm not anything." Scott said, looking out at the trees nearby.

"Hey, maybe it's like... Maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know. Maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf." Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Am I drunk?"

"You're wasted."

"Yeah!" Stiles raised his arm, his hand in a fist, with a grin. "Oh, come on, dude, I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know. Well, I don't know." He snickered at his own words. "But I know this. I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse. That didn't make any sense." Stiles laughed again. "I need a drink."

Stiles reached for the bottle, but someone else snatched it away before he could grab it.

"Well, look at the two little bitches getting their drink on." The man said to his friend.

"Give it back." Scott glared.

"What's that, little man?"

"I think he wants a drink." The man's friend said tauntingly.

"I want the bottle."

"Scott, maybe we should just go." Stiles said, his speech still slurred.

"You brought me here to get me drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet."