CHAPTER NINE; wolf's bane

| y/n's pov |

"FASTER?" SCOTT ASKED as I peered out the back window of Derek's car. One of the Argent hunters, not exactly sure who, was just behind us in their car chasing after us. Since I was sat in the backseat it was my job to watch the back window while Stiles checked the side windows and Scott drove.

"Much faster." I confirmed, looking forward at the boys again.

The engine revved as the car sped up.

Personally, I was terrified for my life.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles said about a minute later.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott reasoned.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles argued back, pointing a thumb at the car behind. Scott obliged and changed a gear before speeding up more.

"They're gone." I said, looking out the back window to not see the car anymore.

Stiles turned on the police radio he held in his hand.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

Scott, after exchanging a look with Stiles, started heading in the direction of the iron works.

When we pulled in, Chris Argent, Allison's father, was up high holding a gun that was pointed at Derek, who was on the ground.

"Get in!" Stiles yelled to him after flinging open the passenger door. Derek got up and Stiles climbed over the seats and into the back with me.

Argent began rapidly firing at Derek as he ran to the car. He started shooting the car as we drove away, too.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked Derek in an annoyed and definitely pissed off voice.

"Damn it, I had him." Derek shouted back.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked, leaning forward to stick his body in the gap between the two front seats.

"Yes!" Derek snapped. "He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Well, hey, they're just doing their jobs..."

Derek sent a death glare at Stiles, and I pulled him back before he was murdered.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek said, staring right at Scott. 

"Can we seriously get past that?" He asked. "I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

"All right." I stopped Scott and turned to Derek to change the subject back to what was more important at the moment. "So, how did you find him?"

Derek shook his head slightly and looked away, still frowning as usual.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Questioned Scott.

"Yeah, all three of us." Stiles was leaning forward again. Derek glared again. "Or just him. I'll be back here."

He leaned back in his seat again.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out." Derek spoke. "She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked, jumping forward yet again.

"Why him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know yet."