51

The alarm clock jolted Joe and Elle out of their lovely deep sleep the next morning, but neither could be in a bad mood when the first thing they saw was each other.

"Good morning" Elle pressed a kiss to Joe's lips before swatting the covers away and slipping out of bed. "You go back to sleep. I have to get to work" she smiled at him as she ran to her closet to find some clothes.

She quickly pulled out a tshirt and sweatpants and left the room, not wanting to keep Joe from sleeping any longer. After getting ready in the bathroom, she stood in the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker while biting hungrily into her apple.

"Good morning" Joe, wearing only boxers, shuffled into the kitchen and yawned first. Elle, however, had to be careful not to drool from her mouth at the adoration of his raspy morning voice and the sight of his lightly clad body.

Quickly clearing her throat, she grabbed her coffee, which was finished by now. "I...I told you, you can go back to sleep" she stammered while trying not to stare at Joe's body the whole time.

Grinning, Joe came up to her and pressed a kiss to her hair. " Ugh, come on. I don't want to sleep through our first morning together. Besides, I also have to get home, change, and pack my stuff for later. I also have to be at the facility by eight."

He opened Elle's fridge and pulled out a smoothie. "Can I have that?" he asked, looking at Elle who nodded quickly and took a quick bite of her apple while her gaze was already back on Joe's body.

"Hey, my eyes are up here" grinning, Joe pushed Elle's head up by the chin, winked at her and downed the entire smoothie in one go.

Elle didn't really regain her composure until Joe finally got dressed and therefore she didn't have to stare the whole time at his attractive, trained body, next to which she had slept all night.

She packed her bag, brushed her teeth and said goodbye to Joe with a long kiss before they both got into their cars and drove off.

Elle almost didn't recognize herself when she spotted the sight of her in the side mirror and had to be careful not to be distracted from the traffic with positive shock.

She smiled, not that she didn't usually, but she couldn't remember the last time she had looked in a mirror and smiled already. Her cheeks had a slight, healthy-looking blush and her face color looked really fresh, too.

In her eyes she discovered the shine that she had last seen a long time ago. The corners of her mouth didn't even seem to know how to stop smiling and also her hair looked just perfect today.

Waking up next to Joe triggered something in her that just made everything better. She could have dumped her coffee over her shirt today and seen something positive about it, too.

Suddenly it didn't seem impossible to tell everyone complete bullshit so Joe and she wouldn't be exposed. Suddenly, a relationship with Joe didn't feel so scary. Suddenly everything, really everything, just felt great.

She absolutely had to talk to Celine on the phone, tell her about this progress, and she absolutely had to see Joe, couldn't wait to meet him again. An indescribable feeling of warmth and lightness replaced the emptiness and darkness that yesterday's panic attack had brought.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, could ruin her mood today. She voluntarily took over the unlikable tasks, laughed louder than anyone else at Paul's jokes, and at short notice bought a round of donuts during her lunch break.

"You're like the sun today. When you come in, the room suddenly glows" Nick remarked with a grin as Elle burst into his office to bring him his donut. Elle just giggled.