ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ𝕣 5

»•»🖤«•«

"Beomgyu... sorry but no one is sitting there."

Beomgyu's heart literally stopped for a second hearing those words. "How?"

"Well, it does say 'Reserved' on the chair, normal that no one is sitting on it."

Beomgyu had actually pointed in that direction without actually looking that way. And as he turned around, he rapidly saw that no one was indeed sitting there.
"Wait but I swear he-"

He looked higher up and saw the back of a familiar blond guy hastily walking down a hallway of shelves. So duh no one is sitting there: Taehyun had walked away.
"Hyun-ah!" Beomgyu speeded off.

He wanted to catch him, he wanted answers.

Why is Taehyun acting this way?
Why won't he let Beomgyu hold his hand despite being a clingy guy in the past?
Why is everyone in the shop looking at Beomgyu like he's crazy whenever he talks to him?
Why didn't Yeonjun recognise Taehyun even though he barely changed since the last time he saw him?

Why is everyone acting like Taehyun doesn't even freaking exist?!

Beomgyu stretched his hand out towards the back of the running boy, all he wants is a touch, a mere poke would be enough to put his mind at rest.

At rest from what? He doesn't know, he doesn't know what he's trying to prove, he doesn't want to try knowing what.

He just wants to touch the boy who he's liked for some time.
They knew eachother for like 4 years..
As friends by the way.
3 years together in high-school.
1 year apart but keeping in touch online.
Then 1 month of silence because of Taehyun ghosting him out of nowhere.

The message Beomgyu got from that is that the younger had lost interest in him..
So he tried to move on..
But it's so unfair how Taehyun randomly started showing up at his bookstore, looking pretty like this, acting weird as heck and not talking to him.. because of course Beomgyu can't bring himself to ignore him.

Beomgyu practically caught up to him.

Taehyun turned around to look at Beomgyu, terror written all over his face. He shouted, "STAY AWAY!!"

~

Unfortunately for Taehyun, it was too late. Beomgyu's hand reached where he was.

And the brunette wished he never did.

Honestly, things would have been so much better for his heart and sanity if he never reached him.

When Beomgyu attempted to touch Taehyun, the tip of his fingers ended up meeting nothing, absolutely nothing other than an icy void that served as an entrance to disturbing chills that made their way to Beomgyu's spine. He was frightened down to the soles of his shoes.

He thought his eyes were playing tricks on him when he was met with the sight of Taehyun growing translucent the second his hand went through him.

Yes through.

He didn't touch him. He couldn't touch him.

Dread twisted in his gut as panic surged through him. Thousands of thoughts and conclusions as to what this all means visited his mind, but he refuses to acknowledge any of them.

Taehyun is fine.
Beomgyu is just hallucinating.
He has to be.
He's fucking crazy is all.

His eyes were becoming glossy, his lips started to quiver. His heart sank, letting his brain full of dark thoughts take over and torment him:

Beomgyu, he's not there.

This is all in your head.

This is why no one is seeing him.

This is why he didn't want you to touch him.

He wanted to hide this.

Hyun-ah isn't aliv—

"Beomgyu I- no i-it's not what you— Please don't cry!!" Taehyun looked completely panicked but it was too late to reason with him.

Tears that Beomgyu tried to keep in began flowing down his cheeks.
But that wasn't it, a loud scream edged with fear escaped his mouth.

And all of a sudden...

His brain slow and steadily put an end to the torment.

»•»🤍«•«
This book's genre is complicated..
There's fantasy to it.