ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ𝕣 9

»•»🖤«•«
PRESENT DAY

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Beomgyu was sitting on his bed, he looked paralyzed, just staring down at the mattress like it was a horror movie.
His two friends were standing next to him with a look of concern on their faces.

"I heard you fainted during your shift." Soobin sat beside him. "Are you feeling better?"

"No..." Beomgyu's eyes were gradually becoming glossy as he hugged his knees.

"Are you perhaps embarrassed that Kai was there?" Soobin tried to tease him a little, but little does he know, Yeonjun had misunderstood, Huening Kai was not the one who was catching all his attention.

"Guys.. I-I don't like that Huening Kai guy, he was never the one I was talking about..."

Yeonjun was really confused, wondering who the hell he was gazing at then.

Beomgyu looked up at him, his sad doe eyes becoming more and more watery, he could barely even see. "Yeonjun, since the moment we came in the store, no one has been sitting on that reserved seat?"

"Yeah.. no one. I was really concerned that you were introducing me to an empty chair like that." He wanted to chuckle a bit but tried to suppress it after seeing how Beomgyu looked like his heart just shattered.

He continued with the questions, his brain is already telling him that there's no more questioning to do, that the answer as to what is going on with Taehyun is already clear.
But his aching heart is having a lot more trouble accepting it.

"That day when I first told you about everything, about how this blond guy always comes to read the same two books...
When you turned around was Huening Kai the only blond you saw?"

"Yeah.. otherwise I would've asked you which blond you were talking about."

He added. "He loves reading books but he isn't the richest to buy all of them so he low-key abuses the system by reading for way too long in a bookstore. I keep telling him to go to a library but this bookstore is literally beside our college."

When Beomgyu's manager told him to confront a boy who was abusing the system, it was once again about Hueningkai not Taehyun.

Beomgyu broke into tears, a cascade of them flowing down his little cheeks. He couldn't help it, he lost all his hope... The hope that Taehyun was okay, the hope that the reason why the boy stopped contacting him was simply because of family issues or something.

"H-Hyun-ah.." Beomgyu sobbed, Soobin and Yeonjun immediately went in to comfort the boy, arms around his back. "Did he die without me even knowing it..?" If it is true, he cannot believe that he wasn't there for him during that moment.

"Gyu what are you talking about??"

"I-I kept seeing Taehyun at the bookstore, he was always there,
I haven't seen him since last year.. So I was happy to think he was finally back...
But apparently, no one else is seeing him!"

"Is that why people were looking at me weirdly when I was talking to him?! Because they thought I was talking to no one?! Is that why he's been sitting on a reserved seat?! So no one else would sit where he is and so I don't realize that he.. h-he is not even physically there?!"

"Beomgyu calm down.. you're breathing quickly again..."

The youngest took a deep breath, his tear stained cheeks were still ready to welcome new ones depending on what those two have to say..