Prologue: Lost In Time...?

A bed is seen from above, to show a young boy. He slowly opens his purple eyes to see a cat. The cat saw seemingly not a normal one, not in the slightest. Y/n sighed and pet it, feeling the cold metallic feeling across his palm and his fingers. "Morning, 007."

"Morning, Y/n Sonic." the cat replied in a robotic voice. Y/n twisted himself upwards and stepped off the bed, only to find himself above the ground. "Would you like me to lower the bed?"

"Yes, I'd rather you do that them just speak." Y/n said as the bed lowered so Y/n went down to the ground. Y/n got his shoes on and realized that it was a bit dirty, so he brushed it off with a rag. Y/n put on some contacts on, followed by putting a collar around his throat.

"I'd like to remind you that you have to go to the unveiling this morning." 7 said as Y/n nodded, walking to the kitchen in the process.

"Yeah, I'm aware. I'm pretty sure James just wants to laugh in my face about it." Y/n said as he rolled his eyes. Y/n poured some of his favorite cereal and ate it. The metallic cat leaped onto the smooth countertop.

"That may be the case. I may be his pet, but I still believe you deserve to be there. After all, you helped created it." 7 stated as Y/n quickly finished his meal. He looked at the gadgets on the side.

"I guess that's fair." Y/n walked passed his calendar to show that it was the Year 2xxx. Picking up his daily bag, Y/n soon stepped outside the lonely home and saw floating buildings and railways illuminating in blue. The ground was endless like an abyss something you'd see out of Ratchet and Clank. Y/n tapped his shoes on the ground and the soles show some jets. Y/n starts to rise and he takes off on the rail, "woooo-hoo!!"

"Hover Shoes, shoes that can expel air from their jets to create a cushion of air, which lets the daily citizen hover just above the surface of the ground. This also helps with all the rails around the city. This allows folk like us to glide just above the surface on seemingly any terrain, much like a hovercraft. However, I don't need a device to control mine. These shoes replaced cars, since there was no gas or negative displacement. As a big factor in creating these shoes, I should be living it up...but nope. I still live in the abyss, while all those rich jerks live up top. My 'friend' and his researchers, including me finally cracked a secret, one that could possibly change everything ...however...it's not done. Not in a long shot, so there's no reason to unveil it." Y/n is seen grinding upwards on the rail, using the jets which takes him upwards. Y/n launches off of it and curled up before using a boost to fly upwards, towards the top side. "Oh? Who am I? The name's Y/n Sonic, and I am your typical advanced loser, but I've been called a kid genius."

"Welcome! Welcome!" a voice rang out through a golden roman building. Many folks landed on the floating land and entered through the gate. "Come one, come all!"

"All good, head on in, Ma'am." a man with fair blue skin and green facial hair sighed. He adjusted his baseball cap and fixed his badge as he leaned on the gate. "Sigh, huh. Such a big event is always trouble."

"Let's just hope this one goes well." the other guard said as his ear twitched. "Wait, you hear something?"

"No, but I do SEE somethin'." the first man stood up and looked to see a figure soaring towards them in the distance. The man walked forward as Y/n's jets started to slow and Y/n landed on the platform.

"Jack, here to see..." Y/n started to say as he pulled out his pin.

"Lifemig, I know." Jack scanned the pass before it shined green. The tired eyes hummed, "go on in, got people awaitin'."

"Not on me though." Y/n said as he hovered forward. The other guard looked at Jack.

"Hey, weren't we supposed to stop that kid from entering?" he said, Jack plopped himself back onto his stool and rested his arm on the sleek black stand.