iv.

04 | THE AVENGERS HAVE MESSED WITH THE WRONG FAMILY

Cassie ducked just in time to dodge a swipe from a demon, her seraph blade illuminating an ethereal glow as she twisted her body forward, stabbing her sword straight into its chest as it growled in agony, exploding into golden dust.

The tri-blood wiped the dust off her cheek, panting slightly as she turned to see Elias in the same position, the two sharing a grin. His phone then began to ring, a look of confusion forming on his face as to why someone would be calling him this late at night, accepting it.

Another demon lurked behind the twins in the shadows and lunged at them, but Cassie expected it coming, side-stepping skilfully and piercing it straight through its abdomen, disintegrating in seconds.

It created a perfect distraction for the rest of the demons as the demigod found herself being slammed roughly against a wall. With a groan, she tilted her attention towards them as they surrounded her with hungry looks.

"You all want to play dirty?" Cassie smirked dangerously, her eyes glowing golden. "Then let's play dirty, shall we?"

And with that, the tri-blood lunged forward in a blur, killing every single one of them mercilessly that dared try to attack her. In a few minutes, the whole place was covered in golden dust as Cassie painfully snapped the last demon's neck, a sickening crack echoing as it joined the rest of the pile of dust on the floor.

Dusting herself off, she walked away to find her brother who turned his attention to her, a solemn look on his face.

"What happened?" She asked.

"It was Annabeth," he replied. "It's about Percy."

Cassie sighed. "What did our dear brother get himself into this time?"

"A group of mortal heroes who call themselves the Avengers," Elias stated in an exaggerated tone. "They've taken him in captivity."

A look of concern formed on her face. "Is she and the kids okay?"

Elias nodded. "Yeah, they're fine. Percy distracted the mortals so they could escape but got caught in the process."

"Of course he would." Cassie rolled her eyes. "Do we know where he is?"

"Annabeth's sent a few locations where she thinks he might be held," he answered as he scrolled through his phone. "What'd you say we break our dear brother out?"

The twins shared a glance, a dangerous glint in their eyes.

"No one messes with our family and gets away with it."