ix.

09 | THOR IS LIKE THE EASTER BUNNY

A knock was heard on the door, and Annabeth was fairly certain that it was Cassie, seeing as she would be the only one rocking up this late at night. The kids were fast asleep and so were Percy and Elias.

Annabeth placed the book she was reading on the table before making her way towards the door and unlocking it, her eyes widening.

"Oh, gods."

A surprised expression formed on the daughter of Athena's face as she stared at a dishevelled Cassie, a burnt hole on her shirt that was also stained red, and leaning against the wall for support as she stared at the blonde sheepishly.

It wasn't surprising for the Hunters to wind up at the house in the middle of the night, looking like crap, but this went at the top of one of the worst she'd seen until now. Annabeth quickly helped the elder Hunter to the couch, who slumped down in exhaustion.

She then left to quickly grab a bag of ambrosia and a first aid kit with a bottle of water. Cassie closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them as Annabeth came back beside her.

"What happened?" Annabeth asked calmly.

Cassie took a bite of the ambrosia before replying. "A Norse god."

"Thor?" Annabeth guessed, realising she had encountered the Avengers again.

Cassie nodded. "Surprisingly put up a good fight. But we don't have to worry anymore, they're not going to bother us again if they know what's good for them."

Annabeth smiled fondly at her protectiveness, shaking her head softly before grabbing a bottle of water to tend to her nasty burn. Cassie lifted the hem of her tattered shirt to reveal her torso where the lightning strike had burnt through, flinching when the cool water made contact with her skin.

"Ow," Cassie winced.

"Quit whining," Annabeth grumbled, rolling her eyes. "You three siblings really need to stop getting hurt. It stresses me out."

"Oh, well, if you don't like it, then tell everyone to stop attacking our family," Cassie retorted sarcastically.

Annabeth sighed dejectedly as she finished bandaging the wound. "I can't believe I love you three."

Cassie grinned. "Why? We're lovely."

"Unfortunately," Annabeth muttered, but there was a playful look in her eyes as she stood up and grabbed a spare shirt before tossing it to the tri-blood for her to wear.

Cassie thanked her, shrugging her ruined shirt off before putting on the loose grey shirt while Annabeth placed all the equipment back and threw the ruined shirt away before plopping herself again on the couch beside her, grabbing her book again.