07

Tom was currently laying in a hospital bed. He was in the infirmary. He was prepared for his 'eye surgery.' In reality, Tord had made some goggles that will fit perfectly for Tom.

“You'll be okay.” Tord reassured the male that laid in the hospital bed. Tom looked over at Tord and nodded a bit.

“I'll see you when I wake up, right?”

“Yes you will.”

Tom suddenly felt exhausted. He was placed onto anesthesia. His eyelids shut as his body went limp. The background of a heart monitor can be heard as the medics started to perform the surgery.

Tord went over and opened a cabinet. He takes out the goggles as he went back over to the operation.

He cringed a bit when he saw the skin around Tom's eyes being cut off. It looked flaky. They were trying to remove the eye cancer as much as possible.

Although, Tord knew the goggles will cure it instantly. The head medic; Leylah looked at Tord and nodded. Signifying that it was time.

Tord takes a deep inhale. He slowly attached the goggles to Tom's face. He pressed a few buttons and then stepped back.

He loosely crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. Watching how Tom's heart rate picked up. He watched as blood started to drip down Tom's face. Nurses and medics calmly cleaning his face as a loading screen appeared onto the digital goggles.

Tom suddenly sat up and screamed from the extruding pain. It was unbearable. He tried to pry the goggles off but Tord ran over.

He held Tom's hands down as Tom continued to cry and scream. The goggles slowly read 100%. Then, two digital eyes appeared. They were green.

“I can..see?” Tom asked out in disbelief. He looked over at Tord. His heart fluttered when he noticed a genuine smile on the Norwegians face.

“Yes. I'm sorry for the pain at first. It had to register to your brain waves.”

Tom shuddered from hearing that news. But furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed Tords hand be held out.

“Come with me. You need your rest.”

Tom slowly got out of bed. His legs wobbled. Tord wrapped his arms around Tom.

Leylah was about to object but she watched as Tord takes Tom out of the infirmary.

“Why do you help me?” Tom asked softly. His digital eyes slowly looked over at the short norweigan.

“Even if I am crazy, I still care about people.” Tord responded with. They both walked back to Tords office.

Tord walked Tom to the large king sized bed in his bedroom. He laid Tom down and tucked Tom in.

Tom felt his heart flutter as he looked at Tord lovingly with his goggled eyes.

“Thank you.” Tom mumbled as felt exhausted.

“Of course, min kjærlighet.” Tord replied as he takes off his blue overcoat. His red hoodie was revealed underneath.  He laid into the bed next to Tom.

Tom blushed a little as he rolled over on his side. He faced Tord. A tired, yet happy gaze was striking in his eyes.

“Thomas?”

“Yes?”

“Do you really despise me?”

Tom lowered his gaze. He shakes his head. “No, it's just hard to get along with you sometimes..”

“Understood.”

The two went silent. Just looking at each other with love. But Tom slowly frowned. He noticed the dark, almost black bags underneath Tords eyes.
“When was the last time you slept?..”

Tord blinked his heterochromia eyes slowly. He did indeed feel exhausted. Even if it was only 11:00AM.

Tom sighed. He knew by the looks of it. It has been a while. He got up and went to the window. He shuts the large blinds so the bedroom got darker.

The taller went back into the bed and laid down. He pulled Tord close to himself.

Tord felt his heart flutter with excitement. He loves being this close to Tom. He wasn't sure why. He thought he hated the man.

“Why did you close the blinds?” Tord questioned. The only light source they had was the glowing of Tord's robotic arm or the digital eyes of Tom's green LED VR goggles.

“So we can sleep better.”

“We?!”

“Yes. We. Tord, you are tired. Like really tired. You need your rest too. Especially being a communist leader and world conquerer.” Tom admitted. It felt weird to say that, but it was the truth. Tord was indeed both of those things.

“Oh alright. I suppose you are correct. I haven't slept in two weeks. I even started to see shit in the corner of my eyes. Or hallucinations. It's really creepy.” Tord replied with a small laugh. Tom didn't laugh. He didn't find it funny. He laid Tords head on his chest.

Tom started to rub Tords back. Tord blinked slowly. Tom looked out of the smaller window that was by a bookshelf. It was starting to rain. The clouds were grey.
“Want that window closed also?”

Tord shakes his head. He watched as the raindrops slowly fallen down the window pane. His eyes slowly closing.

Tom smiled as he held the norwegian. He noticed that Tord has finally fell asleep and relaxed.

“Goodnight, Tord.”