22

A few weeks go by. Tom was distracting himself with doing his boyfriend's work.

He overworked himself. Large bags were underneath Tom's actual 'eyes'' but nobody can tell.  He heard the door knock. Tom lifted his head.
   “Enter the room.” Tom spoke softly as he heard the door open. Patryck came inside. Tom lifted his head. He placed his pen down and folded his hands.

“Tord is stable.”

The Brit rised to his feet. Almost falling out of his chair in the process.
“He's alive?!” Tom shouted out in surprise. Patryck nodded and started to walk off. Tom followed along.

The two walked together. Walking down quickly the concrete stairs. Tom felt nervous.

They reached the infirmary.

Paul was already sitting inside of a chair. His eye was glued onto the hospital patient. Pat walked over and sat into the chair next to his husband. He held Paul's hand as the two held each other. Listening to the heart monitor beep slowly.

Tom went over and knelt down to the bed. He held onto Tords  left hand. He furrowed his eyebrows. Noticing Tords robotic arm was removed. All was left was a nub that was on his right side. It was bandaged.

His chest was also bandaged. Same with the right side of his face once again. Tom sighed as he squeezed Tords hand. “Love?.. You pulled through.. I'm so proud of you..” Tom whispered as he leaned his head down. He kissed Tords head.

Tord whimpered quietly. Paul and Patryck stood up and went over.
“Our brave little soldier, isn't he.” Paul asks to Pat. Both of the father figures started to tear up. Pat nodded and hugged Paul.

Tom sighed heavily. A tear rolled down his face and landed onto Tords hand.
Paul and Patryck looked back over at Tord and smiled sadly. Then, they left. They knew they should keep up with their work for the army, it's what Tord would want.

Tom started to cry as he carefully laid his head onto Tords chest. His lip quivering as his heart was heavy from the amount of pain he has been going through.

“Wake up. Please..I want to hear your voice.” Tom quietly pleaded as he lifted his head once again.

Just like that, Tord slowly opened his eyes. His vision blurred for a moment before slowly becoming clear. He saw Tom.
“Tom?..”

Tom audibly gasped. “T-Tord?”

“Mm..Y-yes, it's me.” Tord whimpered out. Tom started to cry tears of joy. He was extremely worried that Tord wouldn't make it.

“You're surviving..i-i killed her, I killed Orange Leader..f-for you.”

“For m-me?..”

“Yes! Are you proud of me?”

Tord smiled weakly.  He nodded a bit.

Tom returned the smile. Tears continued to roll down his face. “I-i have also been working on your paperwork so you don't get behind.. I've been doing all your leadership duties..”