Chapter Three

LYRA
________

"Jensen, my brother, thank you for travelling all the way out here," Alexander told the middle aged man standing opposite us.

"Alexander, the pleasure is all mine," the shaggy haired man responded before engulfing my mate in a quick embrace.

The pair grinned at each other, looking like a couple of old friends.

"And I have to say, what you're doing for these wolves is very admirable," Jensen commented when he pulled away, but kept his arm around my mate's shoulder.

Alexander smiled, and turned his head in my direction. "The credit goes to my Luna," he proudly said before breaking free from Jensen's arm and pulled me to his side. "Lyra, this is Jensen, Alpha of Moorgate pack."

The man gave me a wide smile, and I returned it as I stepped forward to shake his outstretched hand.

"Lovely to meet you," I told him, sternly, shaking his hand promptly.

"Likewise, dear," Jensen responded, before returning his gaze to the man beside me. "You've got yourself a beautiful one, Alex," he stated before retreating his hand back to his side.

Alexander smiled down at me lovingly and nodded in agreement, his hand on my waist pulling me closer to his side.

The conversation continued in the same manner when I was introduced to the next three or four Alphas and their Luna. I couldn't thank them enough for coming. They all seemed like such nice people and so well respected.

There were nearly a thousand wolves gathered tonight, and as overwhelming as it felt, I was extremely excited. This was the place for everyone to meet each other, and there was nothing nicer than packs being civil. I had learned that the hard way.

When Ava and Matteo rocked up, I gaped at the girl. The maroon dress looked even better on her than I had imagined.

Her hair was placed in a high ponytail, leaving her back exposed and her make up consisted of smokey eyes bringing focus on her brown eyes. She looked beautiful. Matteo was wearing a black suit, with a bow tie, looking dashing himself.

Giving me a twirl, Ava beamed. "What do we think? Do I look like somebody's fiancée?"

I chuckled at her behaviour. "I think it was a good idea that Matteo proposed before this event. You'll have everyone going crazy for you tonight."

Alexander's hand on my waist squeezed slightly at my words and he leaned his head closer to me, pecking at my temple before he mind-linked me.

'I think you're the one driving everyone crazy tonight.'

At his words, I could feel warmth spread across my cheeks, but before I could say anything or react any further, my mate spoke aloud.

"It's nice to see you both here," he said, reaching forward to shake Matteo's hand.

After the pair of men had greeted each other, Alexander turned to me. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Sure, any drink at your recommendation will do," I responded. "Thank you."

He leaned down to peck at my forehead quickly before he excused himself, somehow getting Matteo to tag along with him without the need to verbally ask him.