Chapter Eighteen

LYRA
________

"I heard the party was a success and that you played quite the matchmaker," the man named Jensen that I had remembered from the ceremony a couple of days ago, beamed across from me at the dinner table.

Automatically, my eyes glanced over to Jaxon and Evan, who were smirking in return. I smiled at them adoringly, and nodded, turning my head back towards the Alpha of Moorgate pack.

"Thanks to everyone in attendance, I can confirm that it was a success," I agreed, my voice stern.

"You are very lucky, Alex. An impressive Luna, right there," Jensen commented, his eyes on the man beside me, as he held up his glass filled with liquid that looked like white wine.

Alexander wrapped his arm around my waist, squeezing ever so gently, but I paid no attention to him and forced the smile on my face to remain in tact before I could scowl at him.

Alexander was lucky, indeed. But I wasn't sure how much he agreed with that statement himself. I had decided to attend the dinner because it was my duty as the pack's Luna, and not at Alexander's convenience. I didn't want to fail my pack.

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly and when Ava arrived, I quickly attended to her. Without warning, I attacked the auburn haired girl in a tight embrace.

"Hey, I heard what happened," Ava muttered, holding me tightly. Pulling back, she examined me quickly. "Are you okay?"

Not wanting to cry, I nodded quickly. 'I will tell you later.'

Ava frowned but glanced around, realising it wasn't the best place for us to discuss personal matters and nodded.

"As long as you're okay," she finally said, before pulling away completely.

"I am," I promised. "Where is Matteo?"

Ava had another quick glance around. "He said he's getting us a drink. Anyway, what have I missed?"

Despite how disgusting I was feeling, I cracked a smile at my best friend. She had no clue what was happening, I mean, none of them did really. I hardly understood what was happening.

From the various arguments with my mate, to finding out that I was expecting a pup, too much to discuss at this dinner had happened.

But it was also a personal matter between Alexander and I, and I didn't want to drag all our loved ones in to our problems.

Zynthéa arrived to us in that exact moment. Giving me a knowing look, she handed me a glass of water. "My brother has me on water duty tonight to make sure you stay hydrated."

Ava snorted, but I frowned as I took the glass from her. Glancing around, I caught my mate in the corner of the room, speaking to a man from a different pack that I did not recognise.

Alexander must have felt my piercing gaze on him, because his head dipped in my direction.

'You alright, baby?'

Without responding to him, I tore my gaze towards the two familiar boys that were approaching me. Instantly, I placed the glass down on the table, and stood up to embrace Jaxon.

"Hello, to you too," he murmured as he wrapped his arms around me. "I heard from a certain wolf that you attacked the ground earlier on today."

Pushing at his chest, I chuckled at his choice in words. "When you put it like that, I sound pretty cool."

"Or psychotic," Jaxon retorted, playfully.

"Don't make me show you psychotic," I warned, as I pulled away from him and turned to embrace his mate quickly. "Hi, Evan."