- 1 -

I woke up to the ussual yelling of my brother, He was probably yelling about mum washing the pair of pants he was going to wear today... Even though ALL his pants are the same.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone, opening it to see it was 7:08. I sighed and reluctantly got out of bed, I walked out of my bedroom and downstairs to see that mum had made pancakes.

I really love my mum, she's like a goddess compared to my brother. I would compare her to my dad but my dads not that bad. I mean he's just not here all that often because he's to busy paying for this house that we really don't need. I'm also pretty sure he's cheated on mum atleast once.

"Morning sweat heart" My mum smiled at me as I sat down on one of the bar stools which was around the island.

"Morning, what was Harry yelling about?" I asked as she pushed a plate of pancakes in front of me, Along with mapple syrup and a few over topping I didn't care about.

"He wants to go out with his friends the night your dad gets home from his trip" She told me, I drizzled some mapple syrup over my pancakes and gave her an empathetic look.

"Really? He was yelling at 7 in the morning becuase he can't go out with his friends?" I asked as if it hasn't happened before, I toke a bite as Mum answered.

"Yeah, I think they rescheduled to the night before" She shrugged, I nodded and continued to eat while mum packed mine and Harry's lunch, I offered to do my own but she insisted.

I wasn't very hungry and didn't end up eating all my breakfast. After I threw away the leftovers I went upstairs and got changed into my uniform, Lazily throwing my hair into a pony tail afterwards.

Dad was getting home from his trip on Friday which means Harry's going out Thursday, It'll just be me and Mum in the house. I had been waiting for an opportunity like this for a while but every time it came around I got nervous and ended up not telling her. I wanted to tell my mum I was NonBinary but I just don't know how she'll react. Today's Tuesday so at least I'll have a couple days to think about it.

I slipped on my sneakers, which didn't go with my uniform at all but it was more comfortable. I grabbed my skate board and Bag and headed back downstairs.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you, Amber? It'll be quicker" Mum asked as I walked back into the kitchen to get my lunch.

"I'm sure, I like riding more. It's relaxing" I smiled. I quickly left the house and began to play my music through my earphones, Not many students were at school when I got there in the morning which was nice, it just meant it was quiter really.

"Amber Greene's no riding inside"  I heard a familar voice say only moment after I entered the school building, I toke my headphones out and picked up my skateboard, turning around at the same time to see mr. Harvey, I dont really like him. "And fix your tie" He added.

I rolled my eyes as I turned back around and turned the corner before he could say any more, I knew he would be abke to hear the wheels against the corridor floor so I didn't ride until I got further away and put my headphones in for the shirt ride to my locker, By the time I got there the halls were fairly full but not crowded or anything.

I put my bag in my locker and grabbed out my books before making my way to my form group. I feel like now is a good time to mention I get on with the teachers here more then the students. In other words I have no friends, get good grades and don't make teachers lives difficult.

I'm always 1st one into my form group in the morning and often chat with Mrs. Rayne for a bit before more students come in.

"Good morning, Amber." Mrs Rayne smiled as I walked over to my desk to put my books down.

"Morning Mrs Rayne" I smiled back, walking back to the front of the room and leaning against one of the desks in the front row. I put held my skateboard infront of me and against my legs.

"Do you wanna go put that my office?" Mrs Rayne asked as she looked back from the board, Her office was attached to this classroom so she let me keep it in there du During the day.

I did as she asked and we continued to chat until around 1/3 of the class was there, Aka 5 people.

I went through most of my day like normal, Until french class that is.

"Ok, I want everyone to get in partners" Ms. Greenwood told us, I stayed in my seat since ussually teachers let me work alone for group projects and things.

She started handing out papers and when she got to me she tokd me I needed a partner.

"Can't I do it alone?" I asked her, She said no and began looking around the classroom for someone bit already in a pair.

"Go work with Elle" She told me as she motioned over to a table at the back of the room, I had no idea who Elle was to be completely honest with you. 2 other girls looked up when she ssaid that, One of them was Darcy and I don't know the other.

"She's working with us, Ms" The darker one said.

"You can work in a 4 then" She said as she walked away, I rolled my eyes and stood up from my spot. Once I got over to where the 3 were sotting I noticed the girl who I assumed to be Elle was turned around to face Darcy and the other girl.

I plopped my books down and turned the chair so I would be sitting on it sideways and could lean against what was supposed to be the back of the chair with my side.

"I'm Tara and this is Darcy and Elle" The girl next to Darcy told me as the motioned to each of them.

"I'm Amber" I mumbled, It was barley audible. I really don't like talking if I don't need to if it's not around people I' comfortable with, This activity happened to have a lot of talking in it.

*translations from google translate. Sorry if they're wrong*

"A quels pronoms passez-vous?" (What pronouns do you go by?) Elle asked me after a while of the 3 of them going back and forth, it was a question of the sheet. I thought for a moment, Not becuase I didn't know the answer but instead becuase I didn't know weather to tell the truth.

"Je passe par eu- je passe par elle" (I go by The- I go by She) I 'corrected' myself before anyone seemed to notice, I then turned to Darcy to ask her a question.

"As tu un petit ami?" (Do you have a boyfriend?) I read a basic question id the sheet and looked up at her, She glanced at Tara before replying.

"oui j'ai une copine" (Yes, I have a girlfriend) She replied, I nodded before registering the entire sentence I did a double take, une would mean she has a girlfriend.

I tilted my head at her and she smiled, I wasn't sure if she had done it on purpose or not so I just smiled back and was about to continue when Elle stopped me.

"Uhh, I'm pretty sure adding the 'une' would make it feminine, So you would be saying you have a girlfriend" Elle pointed out harmlessly.

"Uh, whoops" Darcy said, Sounding slightly sarcastic. Both her and Tara chuckled lightly after, This also made me nore suspicious. Maybe They're together?

We did a few more rounds of questions before the lunch bell went.

"Hey, do you want to sit with us?" Tara asked me as I pushed my chair in.

"Uhh, sure I geuss" I shrugged, I'd probably end up just sitting there while they talked, which I would be completely ok with. As I mentioned earlier, I don't really like talking.

"Ok, We'll be in the cafeteria" She smiled and I nodded before leaving the room and heading towards my locker.