chapter 05

Lifting my head, my eyes fell on the fluorescent neon sign on top of the unknown bar miles away from the city I lived in. I found myself somewhere I would've never gone to if it wasn't for the mysterious location I had been given this afternoon.

Thinking of how much his text had affected me during the meeting, still perplexed me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat while my hands were getting stickier with each passing second. I had been in the backseat of a cab for at least an hour without knowing what was about to happen. The only thing I knew is that Harry had to be inside those four walls, waiting on me. He couldn't wait to see me. At least, that is what his text said.

As I was standing in the chilly evening air, I began to second guess my outfit choices. I had no idea what was the appropriate way to dress for this occasion, because I did want to look put together but not like I had been busy with my appearance for hours on end. I bet the nerves must've been the reason behind my doubts seeing I normally didn't let something like this freak me out.

I couldn't believe the way I was dressed seemed like a problem to me now. I figured that had to happen when someone makes you feel timorous.

I shot a glance at my phone and I saw it was exactly 9 pm. Taking a deep breath, I knew I had to get inside at this right moment. In his text, he was exceptionally clear about when I had to be present. We couldn't meet up earlier or any later. Why? I had no idea, but I figured he had his reasons for it. He and I couldn't do whatever we pleased, there were always possible risks.

Once I grabbed the door handle and pushed it open, both the noise and the hot air hit me. The people here were either having meaningful conversations or a simple chit-chat before heading back home. One thing was sure; they were all incredibly invested in talking as loud as they could, but no one was bothered by the volume of the entire crowd.

I smiled at the strangers I passed by, said sorry to those who had to move around for me, and got spotted by one of the waiters who decided to walk up to me.

"Can I help you, miss?" he politely asked me.

"Oh, no, thanks, I'm just looking for somebody I was supposed to meet here." I explained as I tried to walk past him.

Walking around this place, I was scanning the crowd from left to right hoping to find him.

"Mr. Styles, I assume?" was his second question, which I was unprepared for and made me stop in my tracks.

"How do you know?" I asked him.

"Mr. Styles said he was expecting you tonight." he answered.

He didn't give me any more than that. He didn't say why he knew about our plans. He just said what he knew.

His reaction made me wonder how this waiter could know I was the one Harry was going to meet up with. I assume he must've shown him a picture of me and asked him to keep his eyes on the entrance of the bar, because I didn't know what else could be the reason behind this encounter. I had never seen this boy in my life, so I had to be a total stranger to him.

"Should I escort you to the table, miss?" the waiter offered, trying to make me talk again.

"Yes, please." I replied, showing him a friendly smile as I still didn't understand what had just happened.

Despite still being stunned about Harry having informed the staff about my arrival, I knew this waiter was the only one who could lead me to the correct table. I had never been here thus I had no idea where to go or where I could find Harry.

Having one of the staff leading the way, it was so much easier to get past everyone.

Somehow they all stepped aside without having to be asked to. To see everyone move away so effortlessly, I wondered if Harry had something to do with it. Did these people also know they had to make room for me once I got escorted to his table?