chapter 18

Then the waiter returned with our check, shortly interrupting our flirtatious banter. I had wanted to talk to Harry about the payment, but he was faster than I could be. He made sure to pay for our food by cash and the waiter wished us a lovely evening together.

Seeing it happen in front of my eyes, I was remembered by rule 4; we use cash whenever we need to pay.

When we stepped out of the restaurant, Harry hailed a cab.

"Where are you taking me?" I couldn't help but grow more curious over time. I impatiently wanted to find out about his plans, but he wasn't giving me any information.

"Let's keep the suspense alive, all right?" Harry replied when he guided me into the cab with his hand on my lower back.

As we were on the road again, stolen glances were shared within the cab. Each passing street made the anticipation grow, making me wonder what he had in store for us.

Eventually, the cab came to a halt, and Harry helped me out. Subsequent to paying the driver, we walked a bit on the pavement and ended up in front of a closed door. Without any context, Harry opened the door and I saw a staircase appear. There were tiny lightbulbs on the wall, allowing me to see where I needed to go.

"Let's go upstairs," Harry said, so I followed him.

As we walked on the staircase, I gradually began to hear something; enticing me to resume walking

Once we made it to our destination, my eyes widened with joy. Jazz music was being played by a big-band on a rooftop bar, hidden from everyone on the street.

The city lights shimmered beneath us as Harry and I walked around. Besides the massively talented big-band blessing us with their jazz music, the rooftop bar was beautifully decorated and it also showed a magnificent view of the city. The atmosphere was electric, buzzing with a blend of music, city sounds, joyous laughter, and intimate whispers. It made me happy knowing I got to share this first-time experience with him.

"Wow," I quietly whispered, my eyes taking in the marvelous scenery while I looked around myself. It was something I couldn't even make up in my dreams. "How did you find out about this place?"

"A good friend told me about it, so I had to see it myself," Harry replied, an impish twinkle in his eyes. "Obviously with you by my side." The last part was being added with a inviting smile and goosebumps appeared on my body.

"Even up here you can't hold your charm back," I teased, feeling a warmth piercing through me.

"What's the fun in holding back?" Harry brought up before he intertwined his hand with mine, gingerly brushing his thumb against my skin.

It was strange how he made me feel like a teenage girl who was finally flirting with her forever crush. Now I understood why all those cheerleaders wanted to be with him.

We found a cozy spot by the edge of the rooftop, overlooking the city skyline. The breeze of the night played with my hair as we sat down.

Harry signaled the waiter, and he walked over to us. He greeted us prior to taking our order.

"We both would like to have a Moscow Mule," Harry said.

"Excellent choice, sir. Anything else?" he queried.

"That's it for now."

"I will be right back."

Harry turned around after he ordered us a drink. "What?" he asked as I was shaking my head at him. "You don't like a Moscow Mule?"

"No, that's not it," I said. "I just didn't think you were going to turn this into a cocktail night." I told him and a chuckle left my mouth.

Harry leaned back, opened the jacket of his suit, and placed his arm around me. "Well, we have to turn it into a night to remember, right?" he suggested, his voice low and inviting. "Besides, no one can say no to a cocktail."