chapter seven

"bubblegum ice cream? seriously?!" cora asked with wide eyes.

"what it's good!!" kit says taking a bite of his ice cream.

"isn't that the milkshake flavor nick nelson got?" cora laughs. realization comes upon kits face and he starts smiling. "you really are made for the nick nelson role."

"what can i say? im perfect." kit smiled jokingly. cora gave him and dumb looks while smiling.

"not when bubblegum ice cream is your favorite ice cream flavor." cora looked away trying not to laugh.

"uh- rude, bubblegum IS the best, it even has little pieces of bubblegum in it." before kit could say anything else, cora suddenly interrupts him.

"that is why its not the best ice cream flavor!" Cora said. they both started to laugh but before they could continue, a little girl around 11 years old came over holding her phone out.

"oh my god, your kit connor! you played in rocketman!" she said excited. kit smiled at her before replying.

"correct. what's your name?" kit said letting out a tiny laugh. the girl smiled widely.

"my names Isabella but i go by Bella." she says smiling nervously.

"well bella, it is an honor to meet you. what can i do for you?" kit asks bending down to her level. her smile grew widen but her look stayed nervous.

"um, could we get a picture together?" she asked with a hopeful look in her eye.

"of course!" kit replied. she started to hold her phone out for a selfie and got one before Cora speaks up.

"hey, do you want me to take one for you?" Bella smiles before nodding her head and letting out a tiny 'yes please! thank you!'. cora took the picture of them and handed the phone back to bella.

"thank you so so much! both of you!" they waved by to her as she started to walk off.

"well that was interesting." cora says smiling before taking a bite out of her coffee ice cream. they continue walking until they get to kits car.

"where to next?" kit asked. cora looks over at him before shrugging.

"i don't know, you choose." she takes another bite out of her ice cream. kit starts the car before thinking a moment.

"how about barnes and noble? since you like to read." kit watches as cora's eyes go wide when he says that. she then smiles and nods. "barnes and noble it is then."

cora plugged the aux cord in again and starts playing more taylor swift

cora plugged the aux cord in again and starts playing more taylor swift. they listen to music in silence until they get there. and kit could see how excited cora was. once they got inside, cora ran to the romance section. kit just laughed and followed after her. once he got to her she saw her holding the book 'book lovers by Emily henry'.

"isn't that her new book?" kit asks. cora looks up at him startled but excited.

"yeah it is, howd you know that?" she asked with a smile but her eyebrows are furred.

"i may or may not be a reader myself." kit says before grabbing 'beach read by Emily henry' and flips it over to read the back. "hm i haven't read this one yet"

"oh my god, am i dreaming?" cora says laughing. kit looks up confused. "does kit connor actually read emily henry?" kit laughs before going back to reading the back of the book.

cora sets down 'book lovers' to go look at other books just as kit finished reading the back. but as she she walks over, kit grabs 'book lovers' and sets it in his arms along with beach read planning to buy them. once he finds cora, he sees she has 'daughter of the pirate king' and 'the shadows between us' both by tricia levenseller in both of her hands.

"help, i can't choose." Cora holds up both books to kit.

"what do you mean?" kit asks.

"to buy, dummy. i can't choose which one i want to get." she looks back at both books.

"which ones cheaper?" he asks.

"daughter of the pirate king since it's a paperback, why?" she asks him. he grabs the shadows between us and sets it with both Emily henry books Cora is just realizing he's holding.

"okay you buy that one, ill buy this one."

"kit no, your not buying books for me, there expensive once you add them up." Cora going to grab both books she wanted.

"nope I'm buying you them and you can't stop me." kit says. Cora looks defeated.

"okay fine, ill pay you back though."

"no you won't."

"yes i will!" Cora says continuing to walk down the isle stopping in front of the shatter me section. "how much is this- i have just enough!" Cora says picking up the first shatter me book.

kit smiles before going to grab the second and third book.

"kit no. no more buying me books. you already buying me two and that's enough, i'd rather you not buy me any but you wouldn't agree to that so two is enough." Cora says putting her hand of his wrist before he could grab both books.

"did you forget? I'm an actor Cora. i make money off of it sooo, i can buy however many books i want and to me it would be like buying a pack of gum." kit says before grabbing the second and third book. Cora huffs before setting her books down and grabbing kits pile from his hands and setting them down too.

once she stand up, she wraps her arms around his shoulder and whispers a slight 'thank you' before putting her head on his shoulder. he wraps his arms around her waist whispering 'of course Cora' back.

"you two are really cute together." one teenager working there says to them. cora and kit look up startled and both they're eyes go wide.

"we're not- um we're not together." kit says rubbing the back of his neck. cora just looks down blushing a bit.

"oh! um sorry for assuming, it's just- never mind." the teenage walks away embarrassed. kit and cora sneak a look at eachother before bursting out laughing.

soon enough, they are walking out of barnes and noble. cora with 7 new books and kit with 1.

"i still can't believe you bought me all these books." cora looks down at the books he got her.

"it was my pleasure." he smiles.

"i will pay you back someday i promise." she says.

"nuh-uh, if you try i won't accept the money." he laughs. "think of it as a gift okay, you wouldn't want to pay someone back for a gift they got you, well i mean some people do."

"wanna go back to my house?" i ask kit.  he looks over and nods smiling. they, of course, listen to more taylor swift. once they get back to cora's, they go up to her bedroom.

she start rearranging her book shelf to make room for her new books. kit looks around her room and walk over to her drum set. he starts trying to play which caused cora to start bursting out laughing.

"oh my god, you suck!" she says laughing as she's walking over to him. he starts making some kind of tune but not that good of one.

"hey i mean im getting the hang of it!" he says. cora only just smiles and shakes her head.

they decide on watching fear street: part one together and half way into the movie, they both pass out, wrapped up in eachothers arms.