epilogue

they were late. of course. everyone was halfway through eating their dinner when they bursted through the doors.

"there you guys are! we're almost done eating!" yaz standing up, clearly mad. kit and cora gasped for air bc they were sprinting to get there.

"i know, we're sorry. we lost track of time." kit said grabbing his chest. cora grabbed his hand pulling him to the table. they sit at the two empty seats right next to eachother.

"we are sorry. something happened earlier and we lost track of time." cora said. yaz sits back down and motions for a waiter to come over. "could i just have a water please. kit?"

"a water too, thanks" cora and kit looked at the table nervously. most of them just looked like they were on the bridge of laughter.

"what we're you two doing that made you lose track of time..?" joe asked trying not to laugh.

"god joe, you are so dirty minded!" cora laughed. "i got in a bit of a mood earlier and kinda locked myself in the bathroom. then i found out some news and stormed out and then kit said something so i went back and yada yada."

"what news?" yaz asked clearly concerned. everyone j looked just as concerned when they saw the look on cora's face when she mentioned it. cora just shook her head.

"she'll tell you all eventually, she's just having a hard time with it. let's just talk about something else, what did you all do today?" kit spoke up. cora looked over at him and gave him the 'thank you' look. yaz looked between the two and realized something was there. joe did too.

"i didn't do much, got my nails and hair done. that's all"
"i had filming"
"yeah i had filming too"
"i kinda just drove around the city, went shopping and got smoothies, nothing special"

everyone went around the table telling what they did today. kit moved his hand onto cora's thigh and just drew circles with his thumb. cora's eyes went wide as she looked down and tried to keep her cool. yaz kicked cora's boot and gave her a confused face. cora just smiled and shook her head. everyone just had normal convos until joe randomly asked, "so are you two together or what?"

cora and kit stopped eating and just froze. everyone looked at them expecting an answer. cora looked at kit then at yaz then back at kit. kit looked at cora, smiled then nodded his head. cora then looked back at the group, smiled and said, "yeah, yeah we are"

"I KNEW IT!!" several of the group called out. "you two are so damn obvious, we just knew it!"

"oops, i guess we were too obvious" cora looked at kit and laughed. cora grabbed his hand on her thigh and squeezed it. everyone just sat around them smiling.

"im so happy for you guys." "you two were so obvious" "you guys make such a cute couple" "you two are so cute together" "im so happy for you two" everyone spoke over eachother happy for the couple. seemed things ended up going their way for kit and cora.