chapter nine

kit and cora arrive at set at 2:50, everybody just thinking kit was gonna step out of the car. so they didn't really pay attention enough to see cora stepped out of the car too. they walk into the doors of set and yaz turns to say hi.

"hey kit- no way. cora?!" yaz says smiling. she walks up to her and hugs her.

"uh wow, where's my hug?" kit asks.

"oh shut up." yaz hugs him after. kit, yaz and cora all walk into set. "cor, they're gonna be so excited to see you. especially joe."

"CORA!!!" joe yells. he comes running up to her quite literally jumping onto her.

"as i was saying." yaz mumbles.

"hi!" she says laughing.  a couple others come over and greet cora but not everyone.

soon enough, everyone was taking turns hugging her.

"are you done with the hugs now? we need to start filming." a director says. he walks into one of the set rooms and yaz, joe, and the others follow him. cora turns to kit.

"what should i do? just sit out here or am i allowed in there?" kit turns to look at the room and furs his eyebrows.

"hm, let's find out." he grasps her hand and starts walking toward the room. cora being quick to follow.

"kit there you are! we need you for this scene!" a few people come over and surround him getting him ready to film the scene. cora looks around trying to find somewhere to sit.

"cora are you allowed back her?" yaz comes over to her side. cora opens her mouth but no words come out.

"i- i don't know actually. kit pulled me in here but then was taken onto set. is there any chairs to sit on?" yaz nods and starts walking to the other side of the room.

"well let's hope your allowed back here." she tells cora while they're walking to the chairs. well, it turned out to be a huge circular couch with everyone who wasn't filming. "look who i found."

"cora!" all the others who hasn't seen her yet jump up from the couch and surround her. one of the directors shushed them but they paid no attention. "oh my gosh we missed you!"

"i missed you guys too!" cora laughs. "kit decided to bring me to set today, as a little surprise for you guys."

"well, you did surprise us." they all sit down and start chatting. soon enough joe and kit finished their scene. kit sits next to cora laying his arm around her shoulders.

"i hate filming" kit groans. cora let's put a tiny giggle.

"then why do you act?"

"because it's fun...? i don't know actually, i've never really thought about that. i started when i was young and just stuck with it."

"oh okay," he turns back to joe, talking about the scene they just filmed. cora continue looking at him though, she thought 'who knew someone could be this gorgeous?'

"cora you okay?" yaz asks sitting to her other side. cora looked over at her confused. kit hears and turns toward her looking concerned.

"huh?"

"you just looked a bit out of it."

"oh oh, i was just lost in my thoughts i guess." she smiles shrugging it off. silence takes over and they all go onto our phones. cora logs into snap when she gets a notification that she was tagged in a post.

kit.connor •••

connor                                                               •••

Liked by: yazdemand, joelocke3, aliceoseman, sebastiancroft, and 2,739 others found these beauty's in my camera roll

found these beauty's in my camera roll... care to explain? @coraisbae

yazdemand- my beautiful bestfriend

joelocke3- she's so pretty it's unfair

aliceoseman- you two are perfect for eachother

will.gao_- all time favorite🫶
^coraisbae- my favorite above all🫶
^joelocke3- uh wow
^kit.connor- i feel offended

coraisbae- KITTTTTTT
^CORAAAAAA
^coraisbae- WHY WOULD YOU POST THESE
^WHY WOULD I NOT

view 417 other comments

"I swear to god kit, your gonna be the death of me." cora says shaking her head smiling. kit smiles at her, his look lingering on her a little too long. and that didn't go unnoticed.

"hey kit, can i talk to you for a sec?" yaz says. kit looks over at her before nodding. they both get up and walk around the corner. "when are you going to make a move?!"

"wha- i don't know what you mean."

"come on kit, im not stupid. when are you going to make a move on cora? you two clearly like eachother. with all this constant flirty but always pushing the thought of you two being a thing away. you need to make a move soon.!"

"i- i don't know how yaz, i feel like im gonna do something stupid and mess it all up. id rather not risk losing her."

"kit.. your not going to lose her. cora's one of those people where it takes a lot to push them away. she will stay by your side and fix whatever happens. just im afraid if you wait too long to make a move, someone else might already take her eye."

"like who?"

"there's this guy. his names jeremy, he's been friends with cora for a while. cora's too oblivious to realize but he really likes her. like he's becoming obsessed with her, so you might want to do something soon."

"uh- okay i'll try." they both walk back to the group.

"yaz! there you are, your in this scene!" a director pulls yaz away leaving just kit, cora and a few others sitting down.

"what was that all about?" cora asks ask it sits down.

"wanna go on another date? wait, that was too forward. wanna go to pacific park with me, tomorrow? as a date, maybe. if you want it to be. it's okay if you say no, i was just wonder-"

"kit." cora cuts him off smiling. "your rambling again."

"sorry. you don't have you if you don't want to. im sorry it was a stupid idea anyways." he looks down at his lap. cora leans over putting her hand on his.

"kit, i'd love to."