chapter ten

coraisbae •••

coraisbae                                                                •••

Liked by kit.connor, joelocke3, yazdemand, will.gao_, and 318,281 others
Thank you for the lovely night🤍 @kit.connor

kit.connor- You're gorgeous.

Joelocke3- no way you went to the fair without me
^yazdemand- me too like what
^ well bring you two next time i promise
^joelocke3- you better

user7261- i think they're dating
^user9271- they HAVE to be, they've dropped so many hints
^user6291- they know we know so why continue keeping it a secret?

user259- i still think she's using him for clout
^kit.connor- i thought we were over this?
^user259- OMG HI KIT ILYSM

"i had fun today." cora rests her head on kits shoulder as they sit on the ferris wheel. clock just hitting 10 past 9.

"me too cora, me too." it goes silent for a minute all that can be heard if the laughs and conversations of others and the noise of rollercoasters. "hey cora..?"

"hm?" she lifts her head up from his shoulder looking at him. they stay looking at eachother before kit goes to lean in. cora's eyes go wide as she realizes what he's doing. her being quick to follow his movements. so close to touching lips to lips until-

"CORA!" a males voice could be heard as they get close to the bottom of the ferris wheel. both cora and kits head whipping towards the voice.

"JERMEY?!" cora yells back smiling wide. kit then remembers his chat with yaz, his confidence quickly dropping. he watches as a tall boy with fluffy brunette hair waves towards them. well towards cora. it's not until they are off the ride, when kits moody drops low. "oh my gosh i didn't know you were back in town!"

"yeah i decided to come back early. got pretty sick of the heat." cora runs up to jeremy jumping onto him. her arms wrap around his neck as her head digs into his neck. leaving kit standing all alone. while cora and him catch up, kit walks over to a near by bench quickly pulling out his phone.

kit
yaz what do i do

yaz
wdym

kit
jeremy's here

yaz
oh shit

kit
idk what to do
they're catching up so i'm just sitting all alone
we were on the ferris wheel about to kiss when jeremy fucking ruins the moment

yaz
don't worry
i'll fix it
just sit tight

kit
i trust you yaz

cora's phone buzz's against her leg as she talks to jermey

cora's phone buzz's against her leg as she talks to jermey. she pulls out her phone to see yaz calling her.

"hold on, i gotta take this." cora walks away from jeremy to sit at a secluded bench. she answers it. "hey yaz"

"aren't you there with kit?" yaz skips her greetings skipping straight to the point.

"uh- yeah, why?"

"on a date, right?"

"yeah..."

"well where is he then? aren't you supposed to be with him?" cora then realizes lots no longer with her. she looks around and soon enough spots him on a bench on the other side of the pier. yaz noticed the silence. "exactly."

"shit, did he text you?"

"i've told you a million times cora, jeremy is literally obsessed with you and budding in on your date? that's a little far."

"he's not obsessed with me yaz."

"yes he is. he has been since two years ago when you kissed his cheek after him helping you up. i saw his change in dementor. he became obsessed with you cora. he may be just a friend to you, but for him you are so much more. and you are there with kit. not jeremy. and kit now doesn't know what to do and feels awkward because jeremy ALSO ruined your moment on the ferris wheel."

"i messed up, didn't i?"

"hey i wouldn't say messed up, just go talk to kit and maybe tell jeremy that your there with KIT not him."

"okay okay, i will. thank you yaz, love you!"

"i love you too. now go fix it!" cora hangs up and quickly leaps to her feet. she walks over to the bench kits sitting at and sits to his side. it's quiet at first.

"im sorry-" they both say breaking the silence. they both let out a laugh.

"i'll go. i kinda ditched you to talk with jeremy even tho we're on a date together. i shouldn't have done that. im going to tell jeremy that i'll talk to him some other time and that i'm here with you. not him." kit smiles.

"thank you cora and im sorry i texted yaz about it. i should've just talked to you instead. but yaz told me how jeremy likes you and is apparently obsessed with you so uh. she was the first person i thought of going to." kit looks down at his lap.

"you have nothing to be sorry for kit." cora rests her hand on his. kit looks up and next thing you know, they're prying to have more of eachother trying to pull eachother closer and closer. cora's hands rests in his hand as his are running up and down her sides. their mouths fitting perfectly together. they stay like that for a minute or so. "woah."

"i really like you cora. and i know we just met but i seriously feel as if i've known you my whole life." kit smiles at her. cora wraps her arms around his neck tucking her head into his neck.

"i really like you too kit." cora mumbles into his neck. he wraps his arms around her waist pulling her closer.

"uh- cora?" a voice calls out. they both pull away to see jeremy standing there awkwardly. "are- are you two together?"

cora and kit look over at eachother and kit grabs her hand. kit speaks up. "yeah we are."

"o- oh." jeremy starts to walk away. kit and cora look eachother before kissing one last time.

"wanna go on the west coaster?" cora asks with a sneaky grin knowing kit hates fast rides.

"if it'll make you happy.." cora smiles before leaping up pulling him towards the line. "i don't know about this cora, you know how i feel about fast rides."

"it's okay, do you wanna just go on a different ride or go get food?" kit saw how cora's fast looked less excited.

"we can go get food after this ride. i'll try not to chicken out i promise." cora smiled hugging him quickly.

"thank you, thank you, thank you"

"of course cora." kit loved seeing her happy, and he hoped he was gonna be the one to continue to make her happy. plans change though..