chapter 13

Chapter 13: Newborn Demon Wings

Of course, it was impossible for Roy to jump into the magma. However, he did not intend to bathe in it from the beginning!

He was merely a newborn little demon, and he certainly could not match up with a demon like Araniya. However, he had his advantages as well—his small body and light weight.

As a result, he left Araniya dumbfounded when he jumped onto the rock!

Would she dare to continue chasing onto the rock with her tank-sized body?

That was no different from suicide…

Araniya stomped her spider legs angrily on the ground as she watched Roy flow steadily downstream atop the rock.

She really could not figure out if this little demon was lucky or if he planned this method of escape from the beginning. If it was the latter, then this little demon was a little scary. He was not born that long ago, yet he was as cunning as an old demon. How could a demon with such intellect be only a low-rank demon?

No, my soul fragments are still in his hands. He’ll definitely eat them if I let him go like this, causing huge damage to my soul.

Seeing her clones catch up, Araniya gritted her teeth and directed them to the shore.

Jump! Everyone jump!

Araniya did not dare to jump herself, but the much smaller spider demons could. However, if they were to perish in the magma, Araniya similarly would not be able to recover her soul fragments on them.

However, she was now blinded by rage. She could not imagine that she actually ate a loss at the hands of a little demon. She wanted to kill Roy even if it meant losing her soul fragments.

However… would Roy not think of things that she could think of?

This rock floating on the magma was not too big, only able to hold Roy and without other space on it. In such a situation, there was only one place the spider demons could land, so Roy waved his tail and hit them away, making them fall into the magma.

In the end, after just a few were flung in such a manner, Araniya did not dare to get the demon spiders to throw themselves at him again. She was not dumb and could see how suicidal this action was.

“Despicable little bug!” Helpless, Araniya began attacking verbally. But her vocabulary was clearly lacking, so she repeatedly called Roy this name. “How long can you hide? You won’t be able to come ashore as long as I follow you, and then you will be carried by the lava river into the lower levels of the Abyss. There, you will encounter even more powerful demons. They can all easily crush you with a finger!”

Roy was stunned. There are indeed lower levels in this world. And it sounds like the indigenous demons call this underground world the Abyss.

Is the end of this lava river flowing deeper into it?

Of course, Roy could not just continue flowing like this. But after saying this, Araniya followed Roy along the riverbank. Roy turned his head and saw that the riverbank was still rather far away. This lava river was much wider than he estimated with his eyes. It was at least four to five meters away from the opposite riverbank and impossible for him to jump over.

Although he wanted to use this rock as a boat, Roy could not find anything that he could use as a paddle. Moreover, an ordinary paddle would probably instantly melt in this lava…

Therefore, Roy looked like he was trapped.

Araniya scoffed when she saw Roy’s hesitation.

However, before she finished laughing, she saw Roy patting the back of his head and then using his claw to gesture in the air.