chapter 131: Judgement Day

Chapter 131 Judgment Day

Countless demons gathered near the black mist, waiting for the moment when the giant Gate of the Abyss would open.

Not only demons but even some monsters were participating, as though they were about to attend a grand festival. Such a large-scale war summons caused a commotion in the entire Abyss.

Roy was among these demons, but he lowered his head and ordered Fat Tiger beside him in a low voice, “Fat Tiger, go back to our lair and take care of the house. Don’t follow me this time!”

Fat Tiger had no doubts about Roy’s order at all. His three heads barked at Roy, then he spread his wings and flew back.

Roy had his reasons for making Fat Tiger go back. He was very clear that such a large-scale war summons meant that the demons might encounter an extremely strong opponent. By having Fat Tiger stay in the Abyss, once Roy encountered any danger, he could use his Teleport skill to return to the Abyss directly.

Don’t forget that Roy had made Fat Tiger a teleport destination. If they separated, Roy would have an additional life-preservation method. At critical moments, he could teleport back to the Abyss without even needing to engrave a magic formation.

The huge Gate of the Abyss opened faster than he imagined. The moment the gate opened, the countless demons gathered rushed into it and then disappeared into the black light.

Roy was not in a hurry to rush in. After all, he did not understand the situation on the other side of the gate. Even if he encountered enemies as soon as he teleported over, he could let the demons who entered first fight them. Only when the demons were about done entering did Roy fly into the Gate of the Abyss.

However, after the light of the teleportation disappeared, Roy found that the other side of the gate was not a battlefield like he originally thought but a colossal space that was equally dark and full of lava and flames!

This situation stunned Roy for a moment, causing him to think that he was still in the Abyss. But then he suddenly realized that this place was probably the Abyss Outpost mentioned in Araniya’s inherited memories!

The Abyss Outpost referred to different spaces that demon lords and demon kings had specially opened to facilitate the attack on certain worlds. These other spaces were usually built by avoiding the power of a world’s rules, and the interior environment was exactly the same as the Abyss, which was why it was full of lava and flames. With this forward outpost, the demon army no longer needed to frequently travel back and forth through the Gates of the Abyss when attacking a world.

After all, no matter how powerful demon lords and demon kings were, opening a Gate of the Abyss consumed a massive amount of magic power. With such an outpost, not only could they amass a huge army before the war, but when there was no need to fight, the demons could stay in the outpost and remain unaffected by the power of the world, enabling them to remain in this world for a long time.

Such an outpost could not be established in every world. It could only appear in some high-magic worlds because only in these high-magic worlds would the power of the world have a weaker repulsive force toward high-level demons. High-level demons could stay for a long time and do their best to operate the war…

Roy looked around and saw large numbers of demons constantly pouring out from dozens of huge Gates of the Abyss in this Abyss Outpost. This scene was rather shocking because the Abyss was so vast that you usually could not see so many demons!

As Roy flew in the sky and looked at all kinds of demons clustered together. The ground was full of demons that could not fly, and the demons flying in the sky were like migrating birds, circling and turning into a huge current. The sounds of countless demons formed strong waves that spread in all directions.