chapter 48: psychokinesis template

Of course, Roy was not stupid enough to devour souls openly during battle. If Xeron were to see it, he would flip out.

Therefore, Roy decided that it was best to use the system’s storage function to hide the souls. It was both covert and swift, and Xeron would not be able to discover it.

After eliminating the AvLee elven village, the army marched on. Xeron rode on a tall nightmare warhorse, his mount, Mordika. This huge nightmare warhorse wore thick armor, and while walking on its four hooves, it left trails of flames behind it that took some time to extinguish. Xeron sat on his warhorse while holding his weapon, a black scythe. With thousands of demon troops escorting him, he looked magnificent.

Over the next few days, the army encountered more migrating elves, and whenever it met them, Xeron would explain the nature of demons to them.

Destruction, all of it was destruction! Not to mention living creatures, even when they arrived at empty villages, Xeron would set them ablaze and raze them to the ground. The trail that Xeron’s demon army had left behind was only blood, corpses, and burnt ashes. Nothing else…

These vile actions naturally incurred the wrath of the elves. On the seventh day of the march, an elven scouting troop discovered traces of Roy and the demon army. These elves should have gone back to report the whereabouts of the demon army upon discovering it. But unfortunately, they were enraged after seeing the bodies of their compatriots!

In addition to wanting to avenge their compatriots, they had also found that this demon army had a large number of siege equipment. So after sending their pigeons to alert the rest, they caught up with the army from behind and launched a raid!

There were not many of them, only about a hundred or so, but since they were a scouting unit, their emphasis was on maneuverability. Therefore, this unit of the elven army was not slow-moving soldiers but all pegasus knights!

Pegasi were unique to the AvLee elves. Although they resembled ordinary horses, they had two wide wings on their backs. And in addition to being able to gallop on land, they could also fly quickly at low altitude. On every pegasus rode an elven warrior. Although these warriors were light and not considered strong, when they held sharp blades and made use of the high speed of the pegasi to charge, they often caused huge damage to their enemies.

These a hundred-plus pegasus knights launched their attack against the demon army, and their target was clear—the heavy load that the demon army was transporting!

These pegasus knights emerged from midair and swooped down straight for the gigantic catapults. When they flew by, they slashed the weaker support structures of the catapults and destroyed four of them in merely one round of attacks. When the heavy wooden catapults collapsed, they crushed many of the hellhounds nearby.

The pegasus knights flying above the demon army angered Xeron. He would rather lose the army than the siege equipment. With the workmanship of the demons, repairing or even rebuilding them posed a challenge. Without siege equipment, Xeron and his army would be at a loss upon reaching the elven cities. After all, he was leading only low-rank demons and did not have many attacking methods against tall city walls…

Seizing the opportunity while the pegasus knights were circling back at low altitude, Xeron raised his demon scythe and used it as a magic staff. Following his action, a bolt of lightning appeared over the pegasus knights flying in! The lightning first hit one of the pegasus knights’ heads and then struck another pegasus knight behind!

This bolt of lightning jumped back and forth seven or eight times among the pegasus knights, giving them no time to react before striking them. Every knight struck by the lightning became charred and, together with their pegasus, fell from the sky, turning into meat sauce as they hit the ground.