chapter 128: memory reading

Chapter 128 Memory Reading

There was a short pause at this point, and the scene fell silent.

Araniya sized Roy up quietly while feeling uneasy. In fact, when she mentioned Lolth, the Queen of Spiders of the spider demons, besides explaining the matter about her inheritance, she had the intention of deterring him.

The rules of the Abyss were like this. When a demon was defeated and fell into the hands of another demon, the outcome was often predictable. In ninety percent of cases, there was only death. Araniya certainly knew this, but she did not want to die and wanted to struggle. Although the frost demon in front of her seemed to know her, Araniya did not feel relieved because of this ‘acquaintance relationship’. On the contrary, she was even more terrified.

Because… demons did not have friends! The so-called familiarity only had one possibility -enemies!

Either he had hunted her, or she had hunted him before. Araniya thought for a while and found that she had no memory of being hunted by a frost demon. In that case, there was only one possibility-she had hunted him before!

Araniya began to tremble slightly at the thought of this. When promoting to middle-rank demon, many demons would change their forms because of the bloodline awakening. And what she feared the most was this situation: a prey that escaped from her hunt, after changing appearance, not only came to seek revenge but also was stronger than her, the original hunter! Araniya had no other choice but to bring up the name of the Queen of Spiders Lolth. In fact, she had nothing to do with the Queen of Spiders at all. She had not even become a subordinate of the Spider Queen. Even though the spider demon bloodline in her body came from Lolth, who knew how many generations of descendants it had been, and she fundamentally had no relationship with her at all… She only hoped that she could use Lolth’s existence as a demon king to awe this frost demon in front of her so that he would not dare to kill her.

This was just like how some demons claimed to be the subordinates of certain demon kings.

If she wanted to stay alive, she would definitely have to pay a price. As long as she was not killed, she would accept it even if she had to sign a master-servant contract… However, what Araniva did not expect was that an invisible force suddenly strangled her in the next moment!

Her huge spider body, which weighed more than a ton, was lifted up by this invisible force. Suspended in the air, Araniya was unable to use her strength. Her eight legs kicked desperately as she was being strangled, leaving her unable to breathe and her mind spinning.

Needless to say, it was Roy who held her in the air!

“No… Don’t!” Araniya screamed. “Don’t kill me!”

Roy sneered as he looked at her. “Do you want to say that if I kill you, you’ll leave behind a spider demon curse or something on me? And if the Spider Queen Lolth meets me in the future, she’ll kill me?”

Araniya was shocked when she heard this. She knew Roy had seen through.

As expected. Roy snorted. “Sorry, I’ve killed several spider demons in the middle Abyss, but I’ve never felt any curse on me…”

“Please, I can sign a contract with you and submit to you!” Araniya did not give up and continued to beg for mercy with difficulty. “Keeping me might be useful to you…”

However, Roy was unmoved and continued tightening the Psychokinesis little by little.

In the Abyss, Roy had long discovered one thing-don’t easily believe what a demon said, especially the smart and cunning ones! There had been an example before, the illusion demon César. He dared to betray a demon lord and even had the courage to steal something from the demon lord and escape to another world.