chapter 68

Chapter 68: A Mysterious Number
"Don't you have any questions that you want answered?" Looking at this demon in front of it that seemed to be 'in a daze', the Sylanna's Ancient could not help but urge him. "I won't be awake for too long."

"Ah, okay! Then I'll ask you a question!" Roy used his fingers to draw on the system interface while asking the Sylanna's Ancient absent-mindedly, "My question is, do you think the world you're in is real?"

Upon hearing this question, the Sylanna's Ancient was stunned. After a long time, he replied, "Of course, I think this world is real!"

"Really?" Roy did not stop his movements as he continued to ask, "Have you ever wondered about whether the world you live in is a world that some person fantasized? It could originate from a novel, a story, or even a segment of a script, and even the characters in this world are similar to the ones in the fantasy. If so, would you still think that your world is real?"

In fact, this was a real doubt that Roy had. Seeing the Sylanna's Ancient urging him to ask a question, Roy could not help but reveal this.

However, what surprised Roy was that the Sylanna's Ancient did not think further and immediately replied, "I think the world is still real!"

Roy's fingers paused for a moment. "Why do you say that?"

"Haha!" The Sylanna's Ancient burst out laughing. "You're really an interesting demon. You're different from all the demons I've encountered. They only ask me questions about killing and destruction, but they've never asked something like this. Perhaps it's as you've said, and the origin of the world comes from someone, some person's fantasy, but what does it matter? The world is real because we can feel our existences. When we can breathe the air, sense the firmness of the land, feel the heat of the sun, and see the changes of the four seasons, it's real!

"..." Roy carefully pondered over the meaning of this sentence and did not speak for a while. After a long time, he nodded at the Sylanna's Ancient and said, "I've learned! You really make sense!"

The Sylanna's Ancient laughed loudly, seeming to be very happy that he could help someone answer their doubt.

"Okay, I've answered your question. Next, in exchange, it's your turn to tell me about you!" the Sylanna's Ancient said. "Whether it's about you, the Demon World, or even your experiences with killing, you can share it with me!"

These words made Roy feel that the Sylanna's Ancient was basically a lonely old man that would catch anyone and chat with them.

Actually, come to think of it, trees were different from humans, elves, and demons. They could only stay rooted in a fixed place and could not roam around. However, Sylanna's Ancients were a very long-lived tree species. For hundreds and thousands of years, they had to stay in the same place. No wonder every time they encountered intelligent creatures, they wanted to chat with them.

"Okay, how about this?!" Roy sat down in front of the Sylanna's Ancient. "I'll tell you about my current experiences!"

While speaking, Roy suddenly had something in his hand.

It was a small crystal ball with a golden luster inside, and in the middle was a five-pointed star!

"What is this?" The thing in Roy's hand immediately caught the attention of the Sylanna's Ancient.

"Ahem! This is..." Roy hesitated before saying with thick skin, "This thing is a Dragon Ball!"

"Dragon Ball?" The tree crown of the Sylanna's Ancient swayed gently, making the leaves rustle. He asked strangely, "Is it something related to dragons? I've seen many dragons, but I've never heard them mention this..."