Chapter 12

"Just calm down Aderi, alright?" Lucas said as he looked at Aderi who was silent throughout the whole carriage ride.

"Are you sure people won't judge?" Aderi asked Lucas when the carriage stopped moving.

"They won't-- who would even dare?" Lucas answered smiling, suddenly the door was opened by the carriage opener for the guest at the palace. Lucas stepped out and offered Aderi his hand.

Lucas smiled and Aderi took one deep breath and took Lucas's hand. She went out of the carriage with no problem.

Lucas linked his arms with Aderi as they walked to the palace entrance.

"Who is the lady with marquess Stefan's son?"

"Who is that pretty lady in the blue dress?"

"Isn't that marquess Stefan's son? Who is that lady he is accompanying?"

"Doesn't she look like the late duchess Veronica Callista?"

Aderi looked down at the pressure of everyone looking at them and talking about her. Lucas noticed Aderi looked down.

"Chin up," Lucas whispered, Aderi quickly looks back up. Other nobles were lining up in a line so they can be announced 1 by 1. There were also many journalists.

"Do you know where my grandparents are?" Aderi whispered to Lucas. Lucas looked around.

"By the looks of it...they still haven't arrived, a lot of nobles are attending, after all, so the entrance is packed" Lucas answered. Aderi nodded.

"I hope I won't meet my father in the crowd," Aderi said chuckling. Lucas also chuckled and nodded agreeing.

"Good thing your stepmother is on a vacation" Lucas replied. Aderi nodded agreeing with what Lucas said.

"You all will be announced one by one...please line up nicely" the man who will be doing the announcing said. People quickly fixed their hair, clothes, and their postures.

"Lady Emily Louise Rosaline and Lord Daniel Mark Rosaline," the announcer said as he announced the first pair to go in. The two are the newlywed couple. The rosaline couple.

The announcer started calling everyone one by one in pairs.

"They were right after all...they all have escorts, some are their fathers or siblings," Aderi thought to herself as she looked around.

"Aderi were next" Lucas whispered to Aderi. Aderi gulped and fixed her posture.

"Lady Aderi Nova Callista and Lord Lucas Albert Stefan," the announcer announced as they walked inside. Everyone's eyes were on them.

"Calm down" Lucas whispered, Aderi gave a slight smile at everyone as they made their way down the stairs.

"No way! The rumors about the Callista's having a daughter or son are true!"

"She looks like the late duchess..."

"Why is she only attending now? She's now the most powerful young maiden" 

"I thought the rumor about someone ordering a dress at the boutique with the name 'lady Callista' was false..."

"Isn't the marquess Stefan's son? What could be their relationship?"

"Aren't the Lacita and Stefan close?"

Aderi was uneasy since it was her first time in these kinds of things...even in her past life she never went to any parties, let alone a ball. And to make things worst, she was the talk of the nobles.