Chapter 37

3 days have passed and Aderi and the people in the manor were still focusing on her recovery.

Aderi was receiving a lot of letters wishing her a speedy recovery. She was reading the letters one by one as well as replying to each letter. She picked up a white envelope with pink details that reflected on the light as the next letter she will be reading.

"Dear, Lady Callista.

To the dearest Lady Callista, I hope you are doing well. I've heard what happened to you at the recent meeting with your father seeking help to catch the culprit behind your attempted assassination. Please rest assured that we are doing our best to get you justice and punish whoever sent that assassin, I sent one of my knights to personally find that culprit. It's been a while since we have seen each other, it really was a shame I fell ill and couldn't attend the hunt. Please excuse my late congratulations on placing 3rd in the hunt. I'm looking forward to the day we will see each other once more. I wish you safety and a speedy recovery.

From, Prince Ronan Keane"

"Ah I see...he was ill," Aderi mumbled after reading the letter, she cannot help but smile at the sweet message, it was different from the other letters sent by the other nobles since some of them only sent letters to her as a way to get close to the Callista's or to be out of suspicion of being the one who sent that assassin.

She let out a sigh and started writing back. It didn't take her long to respond to the letter and continued to read another letter. She spotted a familiar envelope and her eyes immediately lit up.

"It's from Lady Ari," Aderi said with a visible smile on her face as she grabbed the letter. Upon opening it she sensed something was a little off with the letter. She turned over the envelope but it was the same one as always. Putting her thoughts aside she took the letter inside the envelope and opened it.

"Dear, Lady Aderi.

I hope you are feeling fine, what happened to you was tragic and I'm so sorry you have experienced it if you can, Please meet me in the plaza soon, I'd like to see you soon.

from: Ari Duncan"

"Hmm?" Aderi hummed as she re-read the letter, she felt something is indeed wrong.

"What is this uneasy feeling...is it because of the length of the letter? She is always a long writer...but, it'd be nice to catch up with her" Aderi asked herself as she closed her eyes humming thinking about how to respond.

"Dear, Lady Ari.

I'm doing well now, I'll have to ask my father for permission first, how about in 2 days? let's meet at the plaza soon

sincerely, Aderi"

Aderi put the letter inside the envelope and sealed it with her stamp that it costume made for her. The stamp has a yucent on it to match her yucent scented paper.

"What is this uneasy feeling?" Aderi groaned in frustration as she sat up to take a break from the letters.

°
°
°

2 days later and Aderi got permission to go to town, she has one personal guard with her that was sent by Caelias himself.

"I'm feeling a little uneasy," Aderi thought as the carriage started running. She started to rub her fingers together due to the uneasy feeling she is having.

°
°

"Lady Aderi said on the top of the stairs of the plaza...is she allowed to go out yet?" Ari asked herself as she held the letter in her hand that she received from Aderi. She stood there waiting.