C•h•a•p•t•e•r XII

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
"I love you."

I have never felt this way before. I was nervous, and excited. I don't know how she will react, I am not entirely sure of what would come next. I can't even see her reaction since her hair happens to be covering her pretty face. But then I felt a hand covering my eyes.

"Chaeyoung?"

"D-don't."

Is she mad? Don't 'what' exactly?

Instead of uttering any more words I opted to shut myself up. So this is what people fuss about when it comes to confession. The rapid beating of your heart, the excessive sweating of your palms, the cold sweat dripping down from your forehead, the uneasiness creeping from the pit of your stomach due to the rollercoaster of emotions, and the sudden desire of being swallowed by the ground.

Chaeyoung's hand trembles slightly, I heard her taking a deep breath which I think isn't a good sign. People would often do that when they are about to disagree about something, like a way to calm down their nerves and collect their thoughts so they can say what they wanted to say without offending the other party that much. Or to hide their irritation and disappointment towards the other party.

I am overthinking. Way too much. What seemed to be a few minutes felt like eternity to me, then Chaeyoung finally said something.

"When did it start?" She asked.

"I don't know for sure. I can't give you an exact date or time. One day, I woke up and I came to a realization that this is how I feel for you." I said truthfully and with all sincerity.

She removed her hand from my eyes.

"I-I... don't know what to say."

Chaeyoung is currently blushing madly. A sight I can't believe I am enjoying.

"Please allow me to court you." I boldly stated. I want her and I am gonna do everything to make her mine. "I want to show you how I feel."

She didn't answer. Chaeyoung didn't even meet my gaze, she is looking somewhere else right now. I want to be greedy, I can't go down without putting up a damn fight.

"My mother was furious." This made her look at me. We never had a conversation where I told her anything about my parents. She hasn't met my mother as well.

"She doesn't like you. She wants us to divorce. She told me she has found someone I can remarry." Chaeyoung was shocked by the revelation. I can see it in her face.

"Back then, I never once retaliated. Whatever they want me to do, I do it. Because according to them I have to be perfect.' I said as I swallowed a lump on my throat. Talking about my parents with Seojun is relatively easy, but with Chaeyoung it's the opposite. I'll be revealing to her the ugly truth of how I was raised. 

"As my mother spoke about all those things like it was nothing I simply sat there and listened. But then she brought you up. In a way I can't bear to listen to. And I was a fool for even letting her utter your precious name. For once in my life I want to follow what I want. I want to be true to myself. I want to risk it all for you. I want you and only you. I don't care what they say. To me you are perfect. And I want to express it to you. The way you make me feel. Please, let me love you, Rosie."

She was taken aback by my use of a different name. I have always called her Chaeyoung, but calling her Rosie sounds different. I like the sound of that name.