C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXIII

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
Rosie and I are on our way to Switzerland.

I decided to go there because its one of the places I've been to that has caught my eye. Everywhere you look, the view is just simply magnificent. The landscape has a certain charm that makes me in awe.

As soon as we landed, we drove towards where we will be staying.

Pulling over the place, we are greeted by a two-story house. It looks quite good as expected. The owner did a good job taking care of it. The yard is filled with various flowers with a cream-colored fence surrounding the whole frontyard. Grabbing the keys I put it inside the keyhole unlocking the door. I opened the door and looked back towards where Rosie is, carefully eyeing the unfamiliar place.

Stepping inside, the living room is quite big. There are couches, a fireplace, a television hanging at the wall, paintings and picture frames placed on top of a cabinet, and a grand piano on the far right corner of the room. I made my way towards the kitchen, checking how it would look like. There aren't a spot of dirt on the kitchen. Everything is placed accordingly to its proper places, there are some fruits on the countertop, and a few plants. But the best thing about the kitchen is the big glass door that lead towards the backyard. I went upstairs where three rooms can be found. I tried entering all of it. The first two rooms where the pillows and blankets are placed neatly on the end of the bed, and the third room which sadly is locked. Turning my focus onto another door I carefully opened it revealing a terrace, overlooking the quiet streets of the neighborhood.

This is it.

This is the place where we would be staying for a while. I hope Rosie would like it.

Right after she said those words, I quickly made arrangements. I left work indefinitely and Mr. Kim cannot hide the shock in his voice, and he had to ask me twice just to be sure. Someone who never took a break, a day off, from his work decided to do so. Imagine the shock I brought to him. But I can sense that he is quite happy. Though I know full well that others would be happy as well for some other reason and some, paritcularly my mother would be furious by my absence. Not that I still care.

Rosie is my utmost priority. Not only right now. I have a duty to prioritize her above everything else, I am her husband, and not only because of that, its because I love her.

Making my way downstairs, I noticed Rosie is still at the living room. Looking at the pictures in there. Quietly, I stood beside her. She has her eyes still glued on the picture but then she spoke.

"The place looks...really nice."

"Do you like it?"

"I...its charming. And it feels like...its really a place you can call home." I simply listened waiting for her to speak again.

During the flight, Rosie didn't talk much. We ate together and spoke for a few minutes before she made herself occupied with any other thing aside from talking to me. Or maybe its just that she's still tired to talk. But it didn't held me back.

She kept silent while I kept talking. Mostly about things I did. I didn't talk about work, that topic was too boring so instead I talked about my escapades with Seojun. Rosie simply sat there and nodded her head from time to time, and it is enough. More than enough. And I can't be greedy at the moment.

Seojun and I met during one of my father's social gatherings. We were both standing on our respective father's side, eyeing each other. During that time, we were both only five years old, and were the youngest guests to ever attend such gathering. I was expected to attend while Seojun attended since his older brother wasn't able to.