C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXVII

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
ROSÉ's POV
For years the person behind that voice has plagued my mind.

I always wanted to know who he is.

Where could he be?

Why didn't he auditioned?

With a voice like that he would have been accepted right away. Different companies would have competed against each other just to strike a deal with him.

But now...those questions I longed an answer for came to an end.

I still can't believe though.

To think that Y/N is the kid behind that voice.

Isn't it the same as fate?

Does it mean he and I are destined?

I cannot help but mirror the smile on his face as he professed his love once again, and also he professed it in front of my parents. My mom who is still seated at the sofa and my dad who is at the front door who awkwardly made his way to the living room, and I heard him told mom.

"Our baby is all grown up."

"Yes she is."

-

They filled me in about how it all happened and it was...shocking. Definitely shocking.

Little Y/N and Seojun running away from their parents towards an unknown place? It was obviously Seojun's idea and he was about to audition but sadly his brother came.

"Wow!" Mom exclaimed, "I can't believe that you are that kid. Rosie didn't stopped talking about how handsome your voice is."

"Mom!"

"What?"

"Stop embarrassing me!" I whined.

"I am only telling the truth. Remember? You said if you found out who that person is, you'd probably ask them to marry you." I felt Y/N's gaze on me.

Covering my face with my hands I muttered, "Just bury me now."

This only made them tease me more.

"Do you still sing Mr.- I mean Y/N?" I heard mom say.

I quicky glance at Y/N. He looked a bit taken aback that mom called him by his first name. I actually asked them to call him that way.

"Well...I...stopped." Y/N muttered.

The answer is obvious.

You cannot sing that beautifully without emotions, and his mother prohibited him from showing any of it.

"But I could...if you want. I'll give it a try."

Mom eyed me and chuckled a bit.

"I'll go get my guitar." I said as I rushed to my room.

As I handed him the guitar, Y/N muttered a thank you. Placing his fingers at the fingerboard we all began to wait for him to sing. He looked a bit uneasy.

Shoud I have not encourage him to sing for us? I don't want to make Y/N uncomfortable. Maybe I should—

"I haven't played for years, but I'll give it my best." He said, smiling shyly at us.

Taking a deep breath, he began to play an all-too familiar tune. The song I have been dying to hear for so long.

And when he began singing, that's when I lost it.