Chapter 31

The feeling of my body ripping into tiny molecules overtook me. These were one of the reasons I hated teleporting. It took a lot of energy and pain to do this.

One of the other reasons I hated teleporting was because I had to keep the picture of wherever I wanted to go in my mind all while having the feeling of being ripped to shreds and of energy being drained from my body. It was even harder while teleporting someone with me.

However, it was all worth it because when unpredictable times came upon me in particular, I could use this as a reliable source to go to places within seconds.

A few seconds after, I felt my body materialising. Slowly, the scenery around me materialized in front of me, or maybe I materialized before it. I don't know, I was just feeling a bit poetic.

Anyways, looking around my surroundings, I confirmed the fact that we had landed in the right place.

It was a lush, green deciduous forest which had many different trees, plants and creatures. It also gave off a kind of magical and calming aura. Something that made me want to just sit down and bathe in the sunlight. It looked exactly how the author had described it.

"Umm," I heard a voice coming from beside me, "Can I...let go of your hand now?"

I gasped and quickly let go.

"Sorry, forgot," I sheepishly apologized, not even forming whole sentences.

C'mon Adonis, get your act together. We are here on a mission. We don't want any misunderstandings.

I mentally bonked myself with a hard, nonexistent fist and proceeded to get back to reality.

I knew that the girl lived somewhere around here, though I didn't remember exactly where. That could prove to be a problem in the future, but I'll get to that when the time comes.

I would probably need her name so I could ask around because if my memory serves right, the girl lives in a moderately populated village.

Ah, but that was a problem. I didn't remember her name. At least I remembered how she looked...although vaguely.

"Ummmmmmm," Hade snapped me out of my thoughts, "So...what are we doing here again?"

Of course, sir Hade wanted to know why we were here. I couldn't blame him for being curious. It was understandable as to why he was like that, but it still irritated me for some reason.

"I'll tell you in a bit," I answered in an attempted calm tone, "Follow me."

The village wasn't as far away from where we were. If we walked, we would probably reach there in about 10 or 15 minutes.

I started the hike.

——
It was less eventful than I thought it would be. I actually expected some random creatures to jump out from thin air and attack us because of the so-called main character aura, but none did, so I had lowered my guard. Even more surprisingly, Hade didn't talk or ask questions the whole way. It was more odd than surprising. It was unlike Hade to not talk or ask about something for such a long period of time (although it wasn't that long).

15 minutes of silence. It was some-what bearable, but mostly awkward.

Once we finally arrived, I decided to finally break the silence

"So, the weather is...great," I attempted to start a half assed conversation, "Am I right?"

Hade looked at me strangely before finally answering me, saving me from great humility. Although...his answer contained a bit of unnecessary concern and a hint of amusement.

"Oh, yeah it's good," he smiled. It seemed a little pained. I decided to ignore it and nervously walked ahead, hoping for the awkwardness to die down. It was painful.

After a bit, we came across the first villager. She was on a stroll and seemed to be coming towards us. However, she seemed like she was in some kind of trance as she slowly advanced towards us. Her arms were dangling at her sides and she was limping. There was also some kind of strange aura being emitted by her. She didn't look welcoming.

"Something's not right," I heard Hade mutter under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear.

I silently nodded in agreement with Hade. Still, even though something wasn't right, we wouldn't find out if we just stood there. Maybe helping them could help me find the child sooner.

"Let's keep going forward," I told Hade.

He looked at me with some uncertainty before finally asking, "Why? What exactly do you want so bad that you are willing to risk falling into some kind of trap?"

After hearing this, I silently turned my head and faced Hade. Perhaps it was a sense of urgency I was getting, or maybe it was the irritation that I was strangely feeling. It could've even been the expression of extreme curiosity that Hade was giving, but I finally told him.

Though, of course, I didn't tell him everything.

"We are looking for a girl."

That's all. That's all I told him. Nothing more nothing less, but it was enough to get Hade going. Even though I could see that he had even more questions, he tactically kept his mouth shut and I turned around to walk towards the lady.

However, quite a sight awaited me. It was of a beautiful young woman with dark brown hair and grey eyes. She had a slim body figure and was the same person acting strange.

And she had reached us before we could reach her.

We all stood still for a count of three, looking at each other, when Hade decided to break the silence. Before I could stop him from saying anything, however, he had already said something.

"...Hi—"

I widened my eyes in shock, as Hade was suddenly struck by something in his abdomen, rendering both of us speechless. Even more so for Hade.

He also had a shocked expression as he fell to the floor. Blood started pooling around him.

Then the woman turned and fled.

—————————————
Sorry for bit updating for a while. Here's a long one. Hope u enjoyed eheehehehhehhe