Chapter 3 - The Team

Remy

"This will be your room." Wonder Girl says, opening and walking into a bedroom. It has a simple bed pushed up in the corner with a closet and bathroom to the side.

"Lovely," I say, noticing the dull gray colors.

She laughs, her long blonde hair swishing behind her back.

"It'll become home soon enough. Miss Martian is right across from you, and the Superboy, Beast Boy and Lagoon boy are further down, so you don't have to worry about them bugging you."

I walk to the closet and open it, it's empty.

"Tomorrow we'll get you all that you'll need. I can lend you a shirt if you need one."

"Thanks, that would be great." I say. Looking at my torn, dirty and bloody shirt in the mirror. Yeah, I need to take a shower.

"I'll be right back," Wonder Girl leaves.

Now I'm alone with my thoughts. I sit on the bed and gaze around.

These people are obviously not with the Reach, one less thing to worry about. But I don't know why I don't remember anything. I know the Scarab and whatnot, but I don't remember myself. There are so many questions and not even one answer. No one knows me, but I feel like I've been in this hero business for a while.

I find myself looking in the mirror into hazel eyes.

I trust these people. M'gann, Nightwing and Jaime. They can help me, but there's an uncertainty gnawing at my brain. What if I never figure out who I am? What if I never remember my past life?

Then I'll just have to make the best out of the life I'm living now.

"Here you go," Wonder Girl throws me a white plain shirt and I catch it. I turn around and pull off my ruined shirt, revealing the white tank top underneath and hear Wonder Girl gasp.

"Wonder Girl?" I ask turning around with the white shirt still in my hands.

"What happen your back," she exclaims, eyes open wide.

She saw my Scarab is my first thought. Butt as I turn my head to look at my back in the mirror, I realize why she gasped.

A thick pink jagged scar trails down from my right should, and over the red Scarab in the center of my shoulder blades.

"What the crap," I breathe. Lifting up the bottom of my tank top a little, I see it crosses down and ends at my left hip.

"How did you get that scar," Wonder Girl asks as she steps closer to me. I let my tank top down and turn to face her.

"Good question."

* * *

"Any animal?" I ask, chewing on a sandwich. Garfield nods.

"Crocodile, dog, bird, anything! You name it I can do it!"

"That's super awesome." I say, smiling at the Garfield. He grins back, pride shining in his eyes.

"It's all thanks to M'gann, my blood sister." Garfield says, looking at the Martian.

M'gann smiles while Superboy hugs her from behind. Her green hands rest on his. They fit together like two puzzle pieces.

"Blood sister?" I raise an eyebrow, looking between the two.

"It's a long story." M'gann says.

I would assume so. I take another bite and look at the people around me. Robin is always watching me with his mask firmly in place. The fish boy is La'gaan. Then Cassie, who is Wonder Girl with Batgirl next to her. Virgil is near the table. Jaime stands nearby, silent and armored up. He's quite shy, from how he's acting around me.