Chapter 15 - Reconnaissance

Remy

"Red Arrow, B06. Zatanna B08." The computer bleeps out. The newcomers enter the center of the room. Zatanna smiles at everyone.

"Zatanna?" Nightwing asks, slightly surprised.

"Hey guys, heard you had a mission. We decided to join you." Zatanna places a hang on her hip, smiling at all of us.

"Red Arrow, is that true?" Aqualad asks the red headed guy in red and black. He carries a bow and quiver and he looks like he knows how to use it. To be honest, he's quiet hot.

"Yes, if you don't mind us tagging along."

Aqualad smiles, "Of course not. We were about to assign squads."

"Hey, Red Arrow." Nighwing says, shaking his hand in a warm welcome.

I cast a quick look between the three boys. Obviously they have history together. They are definitely friends.

Aqualad turns back to us. The Team is here and ready in under an hour. Impulse, Wonder Girl and Blue Beetle stand by me. Dusk lingers behind me, obviously not enjoying the crowd.

Blue was incredibly nervous about me going, but I told him what I told Nightwing. No one's going to stop me from going.

"There are three reported sightings of Reach ships in Blüdhaven. We will have three Squads investigate those ships and any suspicious activity near them. Alpha Squad will be Blue Beetle, Impulse, Zatanna, Tigress, Batgirl, and Lagoon Boy."

Blue looks at me when the Squad is assigned and I see fear in his armored face.

"Bata Bata Squad will be Red Arrow, Beast Boy, Superboy, Wondergirl, and myself."

Wonder Girl looks at me, she's angry she's not with my squad.

"Last, Delta Squad Will be Red Beetle, Miss Martian, Dusk, Nightwing, Static, and Robin."

Aqualad takes a moment to look at each of us before continuing. "This is simply a recon mission, understand? If you find a Reach alien do not engage. We are not sure as to why they are in Blüdhaven, but we will figure it out." Aqualad says sternly.

"So, report back if you find any Reach aliens, and we'll spy on them to see what they're up to." Superboy puts simply.

Aqualad nods at Superboy, then turns back to us, "Lets move."

Everyone moves to the Zeta Tubes, except for Zatanna, Nightwing, Aquald and Red Arrow.

Dusk, my ever present shadow, lingers right behind me. Her eyes are locked on Zatanna. I see a gleam of intensity I haven't seen before, like her eyes are hungry for the sight of Zatanna.

Why would Dusk care so much about someone she hasn't even met?

With my lips parting to call her out, Red Arrow intercepts me. Nodding his head towards us, he says, "So are these the two new rookies?"

I stop and face him, Dusk, glares at him from under her black hood. But this glare is almost more murderous than usual. Great, she already really hates this guy.

"This is Red Beetle, and Dusk."

"I'm not a rookie," I say confidently. Red Arrow just raises an eyebrow, as if unimpressed by armor that could destroy him in a thousand ways. I narrow my eyes in annoyance. I already don't like his arrogant attitude.

"And you're the one from the future who came back to protect Remy from dying, right?" He asks Dusk.

She glares at him, he glares back. If this hatred gets any more intense something's going to explode.