Chapter 20 - Midnight

Remy

Cassie barges into my room. I peek from around my closet where I was slipping a gray jacket on.

"Remy, what did you do to piss off Artemis?"

I groan. Not this again. Everybody keeps asking me what I did to piss off Artemis, I don't tell them though.

"None of your business." I say, flopping on my bed.

Great, the first chance I get to finally have some alone time, especially from Wanda, and somebody has to barge in here. Plus, Jaime was even around today. He's supposed to be coming back tonight to take his shift for guarding me though.

His face flashes into my mind and warm spreads throughout me.

"Oh, come on! Tell me, please?"

"NO!" I growl, grabbing a pillow, I throw at Cassie. She catches and sits down on the bed beside me.

"Please, please, please, please, please???" she begs.

"Okay, okay! Holy crap, calm down!"

I sit up and look at the excited blonde.

"I told Artemis the truth, and she didn't like it. Okay, that's all you're getting from me."

"The truth?" Cassie is clearly confused. "The truth about what?"

"Sorry, that's not your business." I state simply.

"Only you, Remy." She says, standing up and heading for the door.

"Only me?" I ask, I get up and grab her arm, making her face me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." Cassie says, guilty as ever.

"Bull crap."

She looks around, trying to find a way out of this conversation, away from me.

"Cassie." I growl.

"Look, Remy. You're kind of blunt, okay?"

I pause for a second, a little disappointed.

"That's it?"

"Remy, you don't get that not everybody likes to be called out and have their privacy invaded. People don't want their secrets broadcast.

I'm a little taken back by that. What's so wrong with that?

"So? We should share secrets, trust each other."

Cassie looks at me, "Some secrets aren't meant for other people, Remy."

I start to object but she interrupts me.

"Look, Remy, I know in your world it's okay to be all honest and whatnot, but not everybody is like you."

I scowl and cross my arms. "I would tell you any of my secrets."

"You don't have any secrets. At least, any you can remember."

Crap. She got me there.

"That's not the point."

We stare at each other, glaring, and then burst out laughing.