2

Hello!!

I am back with a chapter for you all, I'm very sorry for how long it took. I'll try to be better at updating since it's summer break. I have some other stories I've been thinking of putting out but I need names since I've just been using the same ones :p

Sorry the chapter is short and kinda a filler but I do bad with motivation and I know where I want to go with it but I can't rush things yk?

Hopefully this is ok :( I'll try to be better with the next chapters.

ignore mistakes it's been a while!!

~

The daytime was horrid--which I quickly learned.

The sun was constantly beaming down on us, heating our skin to the point it tinged pink. Sweat slipped down our necks and backs, sticking our hair to our foreheads.

My feet ached and I desperately wanted to stop and rest, but with every stop the demise would just be coming closer.

Oscar said it was best we didn't pause unless it was necessary for sleeping and avoiding passing out from heat and exhaustion.

It'd only been two days since the van crashed, on a hill at the side of the road in this deserted Georgia town.

As we had begun walking after the crash, we'd noticed a sign that read:

Dawsonville, GA

Oscar had really done his research. He knew immediately that GA stood for Georgia. He explained that the car ride away from Atlanta had apparently placed us in Dawsonville.

That was around two days ago.

We had only run into the demise once when we were scavenging around a grocery store for food. Mars was so hungry she ran at the demise man with a car tire and started beating the shit out of him.

I was quite proud of her.

We didn't find too much that was still good, but with luck we found some canned things and even packaged things that we deemed good enough to bring with us.

We sectioned our food into small amounts so that we wouldn't run out.

Eventually we were walking along quiet roads in the midst of the mountains. It was the first time I had really taken a moment to appreciate Georgia's beauty.

Oscar made sure we wouldn't stray into the forests, warning us that if there was any place the demise would be hiding, it'd definitely be the forest.

I wasn't sure when exactly we arrived in South Carolina, but it was on a fairly hot day. I recall Aria pointing out the sign that read:

Welcome to South Carolina

Oscar said we were no longer in Georgia after that.

For some reason the thought of that made me sad. I liked Atlanta. I liked the people I met, I liked the place we were in. I didn't want to leave it behind.

Unfortunately, it was no longer safe.

Now, we are in a small place in South Carolina called Spartanburg. It was nice, deserted, but nice. The screams of the demise were louder here and a pit of worry grew in my stomach.

I hooked my arm with Mars as each of us stumbled along the road. At this point we were blindly following Oscar as he led us along.

I don't know how Oscar came to know all this stuff but I was grateful he did.