3

woah what's this? another chapter?

I know, shocking.

this story may be shorter, just cause I'm running out of ideas. sorry for how short and boring these adventure chaps are supposed to be :[ I have some other things I may put out after this so don't be too sad :D if you want to read more stories let me know and I'll start working on publishing more :)

The last I had been face to face with a demise was when I had my first memory of them.

I still shudder at the thought of their hands all over, so when Oscar yelled "DUCK!" I didn't hesitate to drop down.

I scrambled backwards quickly as Oscar swung his ax forward.

I grimaced at the sound of the weapon slicing open its inky skin. The demise groaned and scratched its face.

Oscar pulled the ax out of the thing's head and greenish black blood slipped out of the dent left behind. It seeped out in pools and I could see the rotten brain practically falling out.

I felt my face pale.

There were three demise behind the first one, drooling and groaning. They pushed each other to try and slip past the tinted doors.

As soon as another slipped inside, lunging for my friends I immediately threw my hands up in front of me. I had gotten better with my telekinesis and I felt the tingling in my mind immediately.

I had always remembered Elias' training, focusing energy into my hands and mind.

The demise stopped in its place, still thrashing its hands around in the air and screeching. I curled my fingers, imagining the insides exploding into little bits.

I felt the tingles travel through me and energy twist and scramble in my mind.

With the curl of my fingers the demise I had frozen suddenly burst into pieces. Black blood and ashy gray skin spewed all over the tiled floor. I tried to ignore the gushing eyeball rolling near my foot and stood from my place on the ground.

Aria and Vivi were standing with their hands tightly gripping metal poles and even a knife.

Oscar moved on to the next demise and Mars was beating at the last one. When she finally knocked it down I stepped in and squeezed its insides till it popped.

When they were finally dead I slumped a little, only the sound of our heaving breaths left over. Finally Oscar turned, wiping black slime from his cheek.

"We should go, if there's a group here then there could be more following. We should head to a city, there's more places to hide." He said, stepping over the mushed bodies, glass cracking under his feet.

"That means there's also more hiding spots for the demise. Wouldn't it be best to stay in small towns?" Mars questioned. Oscar shook his head.

"I think there are more things in the city that could help us. Maybe a map?" He suggested. Mars stayed quiet this time.

Although I'd been finding it nice in the smaller areas, less demise, there was a sense of familiarity to big cities. I felt weird about being away from the city, a strange pit in my stomach.

"I miss the city." I mumbled. Vivi gave me a look.

"You're probably homesick. I heard it was when you miss home." She explained. I shrugged, I wasn't sure if that was the feeling but I did miss Atlanta.

I just hoped we would make it to New York. I also hoped I would like it there.

The next few hours were spent in quiet conversation. Soon the sun had gotten less hot and it fell into a comfortably warm night.