6

pls don't hate me guys. somewhat long chapter for you all to apologize for the lack of 💀

life is quite hectic right now and I'm trying my best! I promise I will finish these stories and I won't abandon them! if I do I'll definitely say something and not leave you in the dark.

currently figuring out what to do with this story 🤨

ALSO 13K ON SURGE AND 1K ON THIS BOOK? this is crazy guys thank you so much for the love and positive feedback!!
also 400 on my other book that I update way less than this one so thank u <3

happy reading!

*completely forgot about the cow and the packs pls pretend Leo has had those the entire time 💀*

CW/TW!! shot, scars (not sh)!!

The first person to welcome us into New York, other than the security guards, was Aki.

Her dark hair whipped back behind her as she ran full speed, teary eyed, towards our disheveled group. I was a little surprised when she slammed into my body first, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck.

I stumbled, Elias keeping a hand on my back steadying me.

"Oh Leo! I'm so glad you are safe!" She exclaimed, pulling back a little to look towards the others.

She grabbed Mars and Oscar and yanked them into a big group hug. I let myself relax into her comforting embrace, truly happy to see my friends again.

A moment later another pair of arms wrapped around our group and I looked up to see Raven, a large smile spread across her face.

"Holy shit, you have no idea how worried we've been. We didn't hear from you for days and honestly, we thought you were dead!" She told us, squeezing us all tighter.

I faintly felt Elias start to move away to give us space but I quickly stopped his hand from leaving my back. I finally have him again and I'm not about to lose him.

The hug dispersed and I leaned into Elias again, his arm sliding around me.

I watched Raven and Oscar meet eyes, Oscar's cheeks flushing. Raven didn't seem to care because she hugged him immediately.

Mars had suddenly gone up to Aki not hesitating to suddenly lean in and kiss her. Aki seemed surprised but quickly returned the kiss.

I was happy to see everyone together again.

Looking around at the area I noticed how much bigger everything here was. Buildings were tall enough to reach the sun, and there were cars zooming down each street.

The buildings near the large wall surrounding this place were a bit damaged, to show where everything really cut off.

There were security guards everywhere, watching our every move. Isaac moved towards a woman with hair slicked back and formal looking clothes.

They discussed something quietly, gesturing to our group a couple times.

A sudden smell filling the air made my stomach growl and I realized how hungry I am. I looked around to find the source of it but instead my heart dropped in my stomach.

I finally left Elias' side and rushed forward, crashing into Erin's open arms.

He hunched over me, not minding at all when I squeezed him tightly, trying to get even closer to him than I already was.