chapter two

Chapter 2. Sky Full of Stars

Benison University is recognized as one of the leading institutions in the country. This university stands out not only for its excellent quality of education but also for its impressive campus facilities provided to students.

The dormitories are situated within the university premises, comprising a five-story building, with each dorm having its own balcony. One could easily compare it to a mini condominium. Considering the tuition fees per semester, it is certainly worth the investment.

As I entered the lobby, I swiped my ID card on the scanner and proceeded to the west wing of the building. The boys' and girls' dorms were located on opposite wings, without needing further explanation as to why.

Stepping into the elevator, I pressed the button for my floor. When I heard the chime, the elevator doors opened, and I walked out. After a short walk, I finally arrived at the entrance of my dormitory.

I entered the passcode, and the door opened. As I stepped inside, I promptly placed my shoes on the shoe rack and slipped into my indoor slippers.

I proceeded further inside and found Belle in the common room, engrossed in her laptop as if her whole life depended on what she was typing.

"Are you still working on your thesis paper?" I asked, catching her attention.

She turned around, and our eyes met. With her disheveled hair, which seemed to have a few strands of white, and dark circles under her eyes, she perfectly embodied the image of exhaustion. Her eye bags had deepened since the last time I saw her yesterday!

"Ari, I think I'm going to die sooner than expected. Please, carry out my will. Also, let my parents and siblings know how much I love them," she said, teary-eyed and dramatically.

I couldn't help but laugh at her theatrics. I walked towards her and sat next to her, hugging her thigh.

"Belle, look at me," I called her, but she didn't respond immediately. I blew some air, trying to get her attention. "Look at me, okay?" This time, she finally raised her gaze to meet mine.

I smiled, which surprised her. Her face clearly showed her curiosity about my actions. I moved my hand, motioning for her to come closer.

Although she was confused, she leaned in. Without wasting the opportunity, I quickly raised my hand and flicked her forehead with my finger.

Gotcha!

"Ouch! Geez, Ari! That hurt! You're such a bully," she exclaimed.

I didn't know if I should laugh or not because Belle's lips were pouting as she said it.

"Pouting doesn't suit you, Belle. You're not cute, you know," I teased her. It's just amusing to tease Belle. Her expressions are incredibly funny and entertaining. It makes me want to pinch her cheeks.

"You're so mean, Ari!"

I just shrugged my shoulders and chuckled at her reactions. They truly were entertaining.

"It's just a thesis paper, Belle. Isn't the deadline still a week away? Don't stress yourself out. You just had your debut, but you already look like you're in your forties with your current appearance."